Fuel sensor problem

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
koolyce
Car: Rogue SL AWD 2009

Hi,

I get a fuel sensor problem...only 4k km and need to be changed already. My fuel level is stuck at the 3/4 and my number of km left in my dashboard stay always aroun 350km...

Seems Nissan have a bulletin for that and replace the sensors...

Hope it will be my only problem.

Anyone had this problem?

philipa_240sx

Yes, similar problems have been reported by a few other owners. It does not appear to be widespread and I haven't heard of a case for a few months.

If you try a search, you will find the threads regarding this.

Here is a quick excerpt from the tech bulletin:

Quote »NTB09009 - SB 08-09 Rogue; Fuel Gauge Doesn't Read Full/Slow RespondIF YOU CONFIRM • Fuel level gauge does not read full when tank is full. OR • Fuel level gauge is inaccurate or reads erratically. ACTION • For 2WD models, replace the fuel sender unit only. • For AWD models, replace the fuel sender unit and sub-sender unit.[/quote]

mrirvine

my 09 SL AWD is doing this too.....since only a few thousand Kms. After filling it it is always one block off full; even if I put a couple litres in after the pump kicks off when filling.

philipa_240sx

Yes the mysterious 'one block' short of full is a symptom. This happens to me on occasion too. Some have had more 'weird' things happen... usually some very erratic fuel readings and low fuel warnings from the trip computer.

mrirvine

good to know there is a TSB for it, but 'one block' short of full is not enough of a concern for me to schedule a special appointment for it. Other than that is works as it should.

koolyce

mrirvine wrote:good to know there is a TSB for it, but 'one block' short of full is not enough of a concern for me to schedule a special appointment for it. Other than that is works as it should.
The TSB from nissan said that if the fuel indicator work spodaricly (sorry, I speak french ;o) ), they will change it.

So I will do it when I will do my first oil change.

IdaCrue
Car: 2008 Nissan Rogue

I have had the 1 block short problem for some time now on my 08 SL AWD. The dealer has replaced the sensors and also the instrument cluster, but I still have the problem. Whenever I fill before 1/4 tank the gauge reads one block low. Usually the next morning it reads full. My service manager has been working with Nissan on the problem but there is still no resolution. I really think they are hoping that I just go away. I will contact the service manager on Monday and get an update on the fix. I am not holding out much hope. Especially since it seems that some 09's have the same issue.

philipa_240sx

The AWD Rogue's may have more of an issue seeing as they use 2 fuel level sensors. There is a 'hump' in the fuel tank to provide clearance for the rear driveshaft, so Nissan decided 2 sensors were needed to read fuel level.

My Rogue only sporadically does the ine bar thing. About once in every 10 fill ups or less. It usually depends on which pump i'm at... and when the auto shutoff on the pump kicks in.

koolyce

I also noticed that since my fuel reading is wrong, this mean my fuel level and also my number of km left from the computer, my average L/100 km start to be higher.

During the first 4000km, my everage was 9.4L/100 km and since I have problem with my fuel reading, my everage is 9.6L/100 km and I'm at 4500km. I drive the same and I do a lot of highway.

I'm a bit suprised that at 105km/h on the higher, I do 9.8L/100 km.

Return to “Rogue Forum”