Fuel Saver - Legitimate or Scam??

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
kerrton
Car: 2008 Nissan Rogue SL FWD Gotham Gray

Does anyone have experience with one of those little add-ons that are supposed to provide modest increases in fuel efficiency and power, and reduce emissions? This is a link to one currently being sold for the Rogue on ebay. Not sure if the science behind this makes sense, and it's worth wasting time on, or possibly it could provide some real benefits for a very low price?

http://cgi.ebay.ca/Nissan-Rogu...wItem

mstrmstr
Car: Venom Red ROGUE 08...and 4 others

Oh boy.. free gas mileage that NISSAN missed. Only a dollar!

It looks to good to be true..

P.T Barnum was right

BigMACKenzie
Car: 1993 240sx convertible

If zip tying a plastic POS to your fuel line could save you gas mileage don't you think Nissan would have already done it at the factory?

jmbones

That ebay item is a hoax. However, the Fitch Fuel Catalyst device is not a joke and actually works. Normal savings is 1-2 mpg. Could be more or less though. Only question is, is it worth $200 to gain the additional MPG?

I do not have one on the wifes Rogue, but I have read several different reviews of people using them on their Dodge trucks with MPG gains.

http://www.fitchcatalyst.com/d...ry=20

Beagle_Hauler
Car: 1996 Suzuki X-90 & 1944 Ford GPW

And here I thought it was going to be one of those little fans that go inside the airbox to help the air move to the combustion chamber faster to make the car go quicker.. So, like I always do at the grocery store checkout aisle when scanning the tabloid papers awaiting my turn to pay way too much for fattening yet dissatisfying junk foods: "Lets apply a little logic!" So, magnetic eh, that must mean what? Some magnetic particles in the gasoline? If so, are they are hampering combustion some way? Enough magnetic whatever (shavings? Metal bits?) in the fuel to cost us 3% in mileage? Are the gas companies selling us magnetic gas (oh the impurities!). Perhaps it imparts an magnetic field somehow? What could that do to make the gas more powerful? If it were all true, wouldn't the car makers magnatize the fuel filter instead of using cheap plastic for the filter? For THAT matter, is the fuel tank itself steel? And perhaps it's... already magnetic? Now I need to take my Beagle fridge magnet out to the Rogue and crawl underneath and find out. The fuel lines are no doubt routed along magnetic parts of the car already, so you are all ready saving 3%. Better yet, could you buy a dozen of these things and save (3% times one dozen=36% WOOHOO!). Ok ok, I have filled myself with enough doubt about this gizmo. I don't know how it's supposed to work but if it did work, I'm sure it would be on every car by now anyway. One gripe I have though, they show it zip tied in the engine compartment..what kind of plastic tie do you get for your dollar (hey, EIGHT bucks shipping, what a RIP OFF!) is what I want to know. I mean, is it industrial heat senstative plastic or cheap polystyrene? Once you get some engine heat on that zip and it starts to weaken from constant hot/cold/hot/cold/hot/etc and it breaks, then you have a magnet loose in your engine compartment just asking to get caught up in some moving belt or part, or worse, getting tossed offa some belt and into your radiator or fan blade or the back of the headlights...

Beagle_Hauler
Car: 1996 Suzuki X-90 & 1944 Ford GPW

Oh, and that fitch thing...if I am not mistaken, putting additives in our gas voids the warranty, doesn't it? I believe I read in the manaul that putting valve cleaners and stuff like that in the fuel will harm the engine (goof up the sensors no doubt) and thus void the warranty. Having the Nissan shop prove you have dumped some of that stuff in your tank is one thing but bolting on a fitch tank is giving them proof positive...

jmbones

Fitch doesn't add anything to the fuel...
Beagle_Hauler wrote:Oh, and that fitch thing...if I am not mistaken, putting additives in our gas voids the warranty, doesn't it? I believe I read in the manaul that putting valve cleaners and stuff like that in the fuel will harm the engine (goof up the sensors no doubt) and thus void the warranty. Having the Nissan shop prove you have dumped some of that stuff in your tank is one thing but bolting on a fitch tank is giving them proof positive...

Return to “Rogue Forum”