Fuel Pump question

Information on the naturally-aspirated KA24E and KA24DE engines.
Turbo_Nismo_EC
Car: My truck...of course

before I begin, YES I used the search button..but couldn't find what I needed to know.

Ok...I need a fuel pump for my turbo set-up. I have heard of people using the 300zx-tt pump and a Walboro 255 lph pump. Are there any major differences other than one is factory and the other is aftermarket? I was going to get the 300zx pump but I hear you guys always talking about the Walboro pump.

Any info will be apreciated. Also, where can I get a Walboro 255 lph pump and how much do they cost? I can get the 300zx one at my local dealership, but I haven't been able to really find anything on the other.

Much Thanks

Daunttless

The Walbro flows more, its also really cheap comparatively speaking. People use the 300ZX TT pump because they can be gotten used for even cheaper, also when using the 300ZX TT you have to clamp off one of the lines on the 300ZX TT, thats about the only difference... : )

Repo Man
Car: '15 RAM 1500, 4x4

Oh, and you can buy a Walbro 340 from http://www.afterdark-tuning.com. Hehe.

TruboostPerformance

anyone got any info on a inline pump? someone said to me it is better to run two pumps rather than one incase of failure??

george
Car: autocross

you wont have a problem with either the 300zxtt pump or the Walbro. they are good quality items...two is over kill and it getss complicated. the simpler the better

kbrunjes
Car: he-man

i heard that a big thing with the walbros is that they are loud. like anoyingly loud. even at idle you can hear them whine. the factories probably had driver comfort a bit higher on their priority list than walbro did.

of course, i have ZERO first hand knowledge about any of this.

DaveEEE

kbrunjes wrote:i heard that a big thing with the walbros is that they are loud. like anoyingly loud. even at idle you can hear them whine. the factories probably had driver comfort a bit higher on their priority list than walbro did.

of course, i have ZERO first hand knowledge about any of this.

Dead wrong. My 255lph is as quiet as stock.

-david, 93 nsport ka24det

george
Car: autocross

the 300zx tt fuel pump is a little loud too.

Ozone

Daunttless wrote:The Walbro flows more

How do you know? Do you have charts to back this up?

kevin

Exar-Kun
Car: 2005 350Z

you can get a skyline GT-R pump, from Apex-I and it flows a high ammount, but its LOUD. and if apex-i says its loud, you KNOW its a "Race" type one where you can even hear it at idle.

-chet

Return to “KA24E / KA24DE Forum”