Fuel Pump Issue

The Nissan Versa Tech Discussion forum is the place to discuss Versa performance modifications and maintenance.
Di Versa Fy
Car: 2008 Versa Hatch S - Dark Blue

I started having the starting issues last week and that got progressively worse. On Tuesday I called the dealer and told them I needed to bring it in. Of course on Wednesday it starts right up and the dealer said the same thing. I pulled the TSB from here and called them back. He said, "Oh we don't need that our technicians will know what to look for." It had already been at the dealer for 6hrs and they had yet to "know" anything. So about 15mins later I get a call back saying a part has been ordered and to come pick up the car. Well to my "surprise" the repair printout listed a pressure regulator and referred to the exact TSB# I gave them. Strange!!?? Anyway since being at the dealer it hasn't had a problem starting again even though they say they never found a problem or did anything?

I believe I'm going to rid myself of this evil car from Mexico via the SHAFTA program. Hopefully so I can get a quality vehicle. Nissan seems to be to much in bed with Ford and is now NOT a quality Japanese vehicle and instead a low quality Mexican New Bug.

Here's all my problems so far:

1. Cracked Windshield at 3000 miles. I've owned 20 vehicles and had several with severe rock hits and NEVER had a crack. Nissan says it's not their fault that it was a rock.

2. Fuel Pump problem - My car isn't even one of the series listed in the TSB it was made in MARCH of this year.

3. The car rattles like all the plastic is going to come off.

4. A/C makes strange noises every time the compressor is in use.

5. The engine has about as much punch as an old beat up AMC Pacer! Maybe with a new Fuel pressure regulator things will improve.

6. Windshield wipers from day one have only smeared the window not cleared the window.

7. The seats have as much support and comfort as a bed of nails.

Other then that it's Great! Get from 28 to 33mpg. Though If I had looked more and paid more like $16000 I could have gotten a bigger car with better mileage. (Corolla) All in all I think Nissan has gone South, literally! I'm going to have to go with Toyota or Honda now.

Ever Victorious
Car: '08 Kia Spectra5, '73 AMC Hornet

Di Versa Fy wrote:Well to my "surprise" the repair printout listed a pressure regulator and referred to the exact TSB# I gave them. Strange!!?? Anyway since being at the dealer it hasn't had a problem starting again even though they say they never found a problem or did anything?
After some cars that had their fuel pumps replaced came back with the same issue again, they looked at it again. This time the suspect is the regulator. I believe that Kimber just went through this with her V.

Quote »I believe I'm going to rid myself of this evil car from Mexico via the SHAFTA program. Hopefully so I can get a quality vehicle. Nissan seems to be to much in bed with Ford and is now NOT a quality Japanese vehicle and instead a low quality Mexican New Bug.[/quote]Sorry to hear about the problems, but I can empathise with you completely.

Quote »1. Cracked Windshield at 3000 miles. I've owned 20 vehicles and had several with severe rock hits and NEVER had a crack. Nissan says it's not their fault that it was a rock.[/quote]My V was a rock magnet. There were so many pits after just 30k miles it wasn't even funny.

Quote »4. A/C makes strange noises every time the compressor is in use.[/quote]After going back to a Kia, I now finally see that the noise that the compressor made when engaging was completely unnecessary... so I feel for you on this as well.

Quote »5. The engine has about as much punch as an old beat up AMC Pacer! Maybe with a new Fuel pressure regulator things will improve.[/quote]Hey! My American resembles that remark! hehehe...

Quote »7. The seats have as much support and comfort as a bed of nails.[/quote]yeah, they're not all that supportive. but I can't say the same about comfort. The memory foam was nice. I'm kind of torn. My new seats are very supportive, but not as soft. Guess it's a catch-22 and your comfort level with it depends on what you want out of a car.

kam472
Car: versa

regarding the windshield...i guess all V's have some kind of cheap quality glass. Just like you, i owned vehicles before and NEVER had windshield problems!! i have been driving a highway every single day and rocks were hitting the car like crazy and yet i never had a cracked windshield! 2 months after i both my V my window cracked almost all the way across from driver to passanger side due to the stone chip...few months later i got another chip!!. i decided not to replace the windshield until it cracks completly and save money on instaling new one since it may crack the next day anyway!

Slither

I wonder if the V has same problem as Honda Element with the glass.

Element had an uneven windshield mounting flange surface, which needs a good wack with a hammer to smooth out, this was making installed glass prone to cracks not the rocks that hit it.

Owners thought it was upright screen design being prone to rocks.

Re V build quality. I haven't had any problems with mine (touch wood) maybe they want the union in down there in aqua?

Sorry I am getting too off topic this is supposed to be about fuel pumps.
Modified by Slither at 12:00 PM 7/19/2008

Return to “Versa Technical Discussions”