Fuel Presure Gauge

Got questions about your Infiniti? We're here to help, and it's FREE!
q45 1994

Hi

Forgive my ignorance here 1994 Q45, 83,000 miles.

Can someone tell me exactly where to connect a fuel pressure gauge. (My buddy, an accura mechanic, is going to check the pressure for me while the car is going uphill, but he says (by phone, he lives quite a distance from me) the Accuras have a specific place made to connect the gauge near the fuel filter to and I can't find such a connection under the Q hood)

I had the car diagnosed at an infiniti shop and a "knock sensor" code came up. But after reading Q45 Tech's old posting, my car seems to lose , much more power than that (I have no power going up a hill or after rounding a corner, but, it seems, normal power at other times eg a max 20 MPH up a reasonably steep 1 mile hill, from 65 MPH at the bottom of the hill.) Before I get the knock sensors replaced I want to see how the fuel pressure is under the same conditions. (the infiniti shop only checked it at idle and while revving the car)

Thanks a lot guys.

EZcheese15
Car: 2012 Juke SV
2011 Titan Pro-4X
2007 BMW 328i

The acura's probably use a schrader valve. It's a valve on the fuel rail that a fuel pressure gauge can be screwed onto, and fuel pressure can easily be checked.

Unfortunatly, Nissan/Infiniti's don't have this valve. You have to put the fuel pressure gauge in line in the fuel rail. Pull a fuel line off the fuel filter, and just put the gauge in series in the fuel lines.

Return to “Infiniti Online Mechanic”