Fuel leak in my Z32

Nissan 300ZX technical discussion forum: Maintenance, performance, installations, modifications, how-to's and troubleshooting.
tombini
Car: 300zx z32

I'm looking for a bit of help finding the fuel leak in my new Z32.

The car leaks profusely when the tank is above ~1/3 full and can be seen dripping down the forward section of the tank on the passenger side of the vehicle. After looking through the Z32 manual, I found that my fuel tank is not the same, I really doubt it's aftermarket but it has two seperate covers (located on top of the tank, each side and equidistant). The cover on the passenger side has the fuel pump and tank level indicator, which after inspection are in perfect condition. I also found that there are no leaks on any of the 3 tubes going from the top of the pump.

I suspected it would simply be the filler hose to the tank, but after checking everything it's watertight and there are no leaks there. I really don't want to drop the tank out since it's a b**** of a job which will take days...
Other than already stated, where could the leak be coming from? What steps do I need to take to diagnose it?

Thanks in advance,
Tombini

PapaSmurf2k3
Site Admin
Car: 2017 Corvette, 2018 Focus ST, 1993 240sx truck KA Turbo.

The possibility of picking up a rock or something is always there... Its odd that it leaks when its more than a third full though. You'd think you'd be able to see the hole if that were the case.
If you can't see it while its bolted in the car, and you know it isn't coming from any of the connections, you're probably going to have to drop the tank.

Slaien
Car: 1991 nissan 300zx twin turbo

I have the same issue have you found a solution?

Return to “300ZX (Z32) Technical”