Fuel Injectors 300Zx NA

Nissan 300ZX technical discussion forum: Maintenance, performance, installations, modifications, how-to's and troubleshooting.
Vinniec43
Car: 1992 300ZX NA

Hello world, just purchased my 300ZX about a week ago and she’s been sitting for a while. Had a rough idle issue and check engine light which (to my certain surprise) both went away after it’s second oil change.
BUT has since returned and won’t smooth out anymore. Feels like a misfire? So anyways, I’m in the process of checking out all vacuum routings, air valves and egr systems but have heard it could be my injectors! Also have been told I have old style injectors, So my inquiry here is where do I get “new style” and is there a certain part number I should refer to? Any help would be greatly appreciated. It’s a journey, I know, and I just want to be prepared properly and get all the right parts for this beast

Vinniec43

Hello world, Just purchased a 300ZX NA about a week ago and she’s been sitting for a while. Had a rough idle issue and check engine light which (to my certain surprise) both went away after it’s second oil change. BUT has since returned and won’t smooth out anymore. Feels like a misfire? So anyways, I’m in the process of checking out all vacuum routings, air valves and EGR systems but I’ve heard it could also be my injectors! Also have been told I have old style injectors, so my inquiry here is where do I get “new style” and is there a certain part number I should refer to? Any help would be greatly appreciated. It’s a journey, I know, and I just want to be prepared properly and get all the right parts for this beast

itsa300zx
Car: 1990 300zx NA W/TT swap
2011 Nissan Rouge S
2008 Highlander SR5

You should narrow down the issue before throwing money at parts. Do a power balance test to see which cylinder is missing. Then figure out if its fuel or spark related or just electrical connection with corrosion build up. Look at all connectors to major sensors, ie PTU, coils, MAF, TPS, Temp etc. These car have a really bad corrosion issues in these connections.

Read here to start:

everything-you-need-to-know-about-the-z32-t508377.html

If injectors ARE your issue, this guys here has a great affordable solution for OEM drop in kit:

http://www.twinturbo.net/nissan/300zx/f ... n-Kit.html

Vinniec43

Thank you itsa300zx, I did happen to find a vacuum leak going to the passenger side AIV but even that fix did not stop the idle issue. Going through these brittle connections now for corrosion.. and will do a power balance test ASAP I’m pretty sure it’s a coil at this point.

NolimitZ32
Car: 91 AG2 2+0 TTMT swap/E39 BMW 540i6/E53 4.6is Dinan S3

1. Welcome aboard, lots of info posted on this site and lots of knowledgeable members. That said searching before asking will go a long way with a lot of the senior members who've answered the same questions an infinite amount of times.
2. The FSM will be your best friend, we host the 300ZX FSMs along with many other Nissan and Datsun cars here on NICO. Follow the link in my signature.
3. I've merged your posts, please don;t double post or cross-post because it just muddies the waters for people answering your questions and for future searches.

Vinniec43

NolimitZ32 wrote:
Wed Feb 26, 2020 3:33 pm
1. Welcome aboard, lots of info posted on this site and lots of knowledgeable members. That said searching before asking will go a long way with a lot of the senior members who've answered the same questions an infinite amount of times.
2. The FSM will be your best friend, we host the 300ZX FSMs along with many other Nissan and Datsun cars here on NICO. Follow the link in my signature.
3. I've merged your posts, please don;t double post or cross-post because it just muddies the waters for people answering your questions and for future searches.

Thank You NoLimit, will do! Recently got a copy of the FSM and it has been a real advantage. These cars are new to me but, as with anything, I’m going to dive deep. Thank you for merging as well, it encountered an error and never showed my original! Much obliged

Return to “300ZX (Z32) Technical”