Fuel injector brand recommendation ??

The Nissan 300ZX (Z32) general community discussion forum
RShewey
Car: 1990 300zx NA

FUEL INJECTOR - brand recommendation ???
I’m about to do the the upgrade (adapter kit & new style injectors) On my 1990 NA. Can someone make a recommendation for a brand that’s reliable and a good value?

NolimitZ32
Car: 91 AG2 2+0 TTMT swap/E39 BMW 540i6/E53 4.6is Dinan S3

Cheap, Fast, Reliable

You can only have two. . . Injectors can be the direct cause of catastrophic engine failure, don't cheap out on injectors.

NISMO, TOMEI, JECS - OEM not JECS redrills.

Also for a NA I would stay with the OEM Nissan 270CC units unless you're planning on nitrous or E85.

itsa300zx
Car: 1990 300zx NA W/TT swap
2011 Nissan Rouge S
2008 Highlander SR5

NolimitZ32 wrote:
Mon Jun 22, 2020 1:00 pm
Cheap, Fast, Reliable

You can only have two. . . Injectors can be the direct cause of catastrophic engine failure, don't cheap out on injectors.

NISMO, TOMEI, JECS - OEM not JECS redrills.

Also for a NA I would stay with the OEM Nissan 270CC units unless you're planning on nitrous or E85.
^^^This, If you can't afford new, this gentlemen sells an affordable complete kit:$450 to your door.
(Then you can sell your original fuel rails back to him for a small core refund)

http://www.twinturbo.net/nissan/300zx/f ... n-Kit.html

RShewey
Car: 1990 300zx NA

That was my plan, to use the 270cc OEM injectors on my NA. Seems like a lot of work labor to replace these so makes sense to not go cheap.

I am a little confused when ConceptZ website list the JECS, hitatachi as OEM replacements. Are these True OEM parts? I see Z1 has OEM ones also.( just labeled OEM) Are the comparable to the JECS OEM’s? OR, is it worth the extra money to get the true OEMS from Z1?
The Jecs are on sale right now that’s why I’m asking. Seems like a good value if they are comparable.

NolimitZ32
Car: 91 AG2 2+0 TTMT swap/E39 BMW 540i6/E53 4.6is Dinan S3

JECS makes OEM injectors, what you're seeing between CZP and Z1 are likely the same injectors. There are also injectors on the market that are labeled as "JECS" and are of all different larger sizes. AFAIK the largest factory JECS sidefeed injector is a 504CC. As such anything quoted to be bigger is likely a redrill. The factory JECS units are stamped with a 4+ digit identifier so if you find a set that has the identifier that matches the factory published flow rate then you likely have a factory manufactured set (see here: https://www.injectorrx.com/fuel-injecto ... injectors/ ). Redrills are generally regarded as subpar because the equipment used is generally lack precision required to create a proper spray pattern, these are usually the ridiculously cheap injectors which seem to good to be true. All that said, your best route if you have any doubt is to call the vendor and speak to them, most of the time they will be very forthcoming and help out as much as they can. Do your homework and be sure you know what you want. I am very particular and for example would never buy anything that didn't come out of a respectable factory (lots of Chinese trash out there now).

Return to “300ZX (Z32) General”