Fuel injector wiring

Discuss topics related to the VH41DE, VH45DE, VK45DE, and VK56DE engines.
westexanslider
Car: 1995 nissan 240sx base model

Hey guys first post...Anyways I bought some new 370cc oem injectors for my vh45de. They came with wiring clips but they need to be soldered in. I have no problem doing that, but I am clueless as to what is + and what is - and the exisiting wiring. I have everything labeled as to what injectors go to what cylinder. But all injecotrs have different wiring. I was hoping if I post a picture of my motor can someone one photoshop what the is + and - on the existing wiring for each injector. Also does anyone know of a diagram for the coolant hoses at to where they go. I got my motor with nothing hooked up and there is alot of hoses on this motor. Also is there anything that I can delete on this motor to clean up the engine. I plan on making a catch can for the hoses on the valve covers but other than that I am clueless as to where this stuff goes. Any help is much appreciated. Here is a couple pics of my motor as it sits..

IThaJ0kaI
Car: 96 G50, 90 S13 hatch

Each set of injector clips should have a matching wire color, run the 2 sets of matching colors together.

This is an example as I dont know the VH injector colors.

say all 8 injectors have one blue wire.
your new injectors all 8 have an orange wire, wire all blue wires to orange wires and the other ones would go to the non-matching colos.

westexanslider

Ok cool I will take a look at it and try that..Thanks

westexanslider

Ok so i looked at the wiring for the fuel injectors and they are all different colors..I am still trying to get help on this..I tried searching here and on the internet for answers but I have found nothing..I can solder pretty good and have done many things in the past. I just need to know which is positive and negative for each injector so I can solder in these new injectors clips..PLEASE SOMEONE HELP A DUDE OUT LOL so I can stop looking at the injectors going :wtf2: Thanks alot guys

westexanslider

Ok so I did some research and found out that the wiring is not polorized and it does not matter which wires go to which...Can someone confirm this for me..

IThaJ0kaI
Car: 96 G50, 90 S13 hatch

I was told the same thing when I was wiring my STI injectors into my sr, but I just matched the matching colors like I said before.

mad4datsun
Car: 1990 240sx ka-t (current)
1972 240z vk45de (future project)

I know on nissan injector plugs if you look at the inside there will be a small + sign by the positive terminal, also the pos wire is generally a thicker gauge then ground, that's how I wired in my injectors.

But on base principle a fuel injector is just like any other PWM (pulse with modulation) solenoid so no, poles do not matter except for what gauge wire you are using if you want to get super anal about proper gauge size. And basically all the ECU does to the injector is provide a ground current for the solenoid to open.

hope this helps

westexanslider

Ok thanks alot for your help guys..I think I got it figured out..I appreciate it

ALMacKINLEY1958
Car: 1991 Nissan 300ZX 2+2 NA
1987 Nissan 300ZX 2 Seats NA

the fuel injectors are mixed up need the wire color for all the injectors pigtail going to the injectors

VStar650CL
Technical Expert
Car: 2013 Nissan Altima 2.5 SL
2004 Nissan Altima 2.5 S

ALMacKINLEY1958 wrote:
Wed Jun 08, 2022 6:09 pm
the fuel injectors are mixed up need the wire color for all the injectors pigtail going to the injectors
For your '87 the info is here on EFEC-12:
https://www.nicoclub.com/service-manual ... 2FEFEC.pdf
For your '91 the info is here on EFEC-146:
https://www.nicoclub.com/service-manual ... 91_FSM.pdf
The injectors are glorified solenoids and the polarity doesn't really matter, the different-colored wires on the ECM side just need to go to the correct cylinders. The power side is common to all 6 cylinders and they're all the same color.

Return to “VH45DE / VK45DE / VK56DE Forum”