Fuel filling interruption

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
pitaldo
Car: Nissan Rogue 2008 SL

I have a 2008 Rogue and for the last month when I’m filling the tank it start stopping the pump like it is full and is tking long to fill, once it trow some gas out. SOmebody told me that the canister could be clog.

Rogue One
Administrator
Car: 2011 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Honda CR-V LX
2022 Honda Pilot Special Edition

The problem might be with the On-board Refueling Vapor Recovery system.

As the gas tank is filled, it is vented thru the carbon canister first to capture the fuel vapors before it’s allowed to vent to atmosphere. If there’s a restriction in this system the gas tank can’t vent properly as it’s being filled so the pump keeps kicking off.

Take it to a shop and ask that they inspect ORVR system for restrictions. There have even been cases of spiders building nests in this system causing this problem.

DTASFAB

Nissan extended the warranty on this one part alone. I believe it was up to 150,000 miles. I'll check the letter they sent me regarding my 2013 Rogue and update exactly what it said. The 2008 warranty was probably extended in a similar manner.

DTASFAB

The evaporative emission vapor vent tube, which according to my understanding is part of the evaporative emission canister, had its warranty extended to 150,000 miles or 15 years, whatever comes first. ONLY the vent tube, not the entire canister, is covered.

When a clog occurs, the software in the vehicle may not be able to pinpoint the issue, and so it likely won't throw a code that it otherwise should throw. This can lead to the problem continuing without being addressed for a long time, since neither the driver nor any dealer service technician or independent mechanic would be aware of the problem until the symptoms become severe and the "hard to fill" condition becomes a major inconvenience.

If there is any other problem related to the canister itself, the check valve, or any other part of the emission system that is properly detected by the vehicle's software and appropriately causes the check engine light to turn on, that other problem will NOT be covered under this extended warranty.

Again, this is for a 2013, but I would be surprised if this same limited extended warranty wasn't uniformly applied to all first generation Rogues, including 2014 and 2015 Select models. A call to Nissan USA corporate customer service should confirm this rather easily.

In my interpretation, the vent tube itself is not defective or poorly designed, and there's nothing about it (compared to other vehicles that don't have this software problem) that makes it more likely to cause a potential clog to develop. Such a clog is somewhat rare it would seem, in both the Rogue and other vehicles. It is only the Rogue's software and sensors that are designed poorly, so if a clog should occur, it is less likely to be detected by a sensor than in other vehicles suffering a similar clog of the tube.

Rogue One
Administrator
Car: 2011 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Honda CR-V LX
2022 Honda Pilot Special Edition

DTASFAB wrote:
Sat Jan 04, 2020 11:20 am
The evaporative emission vapor vent tube, which according to my understanding is part of the evaporative emission canister, had its warranty extended to 150,000 miles or 15 years, whatever comes first. ONLY the vent tube, not the entire canister, is covered.

When a clog occurs, the software in the vehicle may not be able to pinpoint the issue, and so it likely won't throw a code that it otherwise should throw. This can lead to the problem continuing without being addressed for a long time, since neither the driver nor any dealer service technician or independent mechanic would be aware of the problem until the symptoms become severe and the "hard to fill" condition becomes a major inconvenience.

If there is any other problem related to the canister itself, the check valve, or any other part of the emission system that is properly detected by the vehicle's software and appropriately causes the check engine light to turn on, that other problem will NOT be covered under this extended warranty.

Again, this is for a 2013, but I would be surprised if this same limited extended warranty wasn't uniformly applied to all first generation Rogues, including 2014 and 2015 Select models. A call to Nissan USA corporate customer service should confirm this rather easily.

In my interpretation, the vent tube itself is not defective or poorly designed, and there's nothing about it (compared to other vehicles that don't have this software problem) that makes it more likely to cause a potential clog to develop. Such a clog is somewhat rare it would seem, in both the Rogue and other vehicles. It is only the Rogue's software and sensors that are designed poorly, so if a clog should occur, it is less likely to be detected by a sensor than in other vehicles suffering a similar clog of the tube.
Details are here: Nissan EVAP Emission Warranty Policy Enhancement

To verify if your vehicle is included in any other Nissan campaign, please click here.

pitaldo

Thank you all and my apologies as I'm new with the forum and do not know how to post a reply or say thanks until today.

pitaldo

Rogue One wrote:
Sat Jan 04, 2020 7:45 am
The problem might be with the On-board Refueling Vapor Recovery system.

As the gas tank is filled, it is vented thru the carbon canister first to capture the fuel vapors before it’s allowed to vent to atmosphere. If there’s a restriction in this system the gas tank can’t vent properly as it’s being filled so the pump keeps kicking off.

Take it to a shop and ask that they inspect ORVR system for restrictions. There have even been cases of spiders building nests in this system causing this problem.
Tnak you so much

Return to “Rogue Forum”