Fuel door lock for gen3 Rogue?

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
iost
Car: 2021 Nissan Rogue

Hi all. What you guys can suggest for secure locking fuel door on Rogue 2021 capless. I park my Rogue in building garage and sometime my auto refill screen gets reset over night.
Last edited by Rogue One on Mon Dec 12, 2022 1:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Revise Title

VStar650CL
Technical Expert
Car: 2013 Nissan Altima 2.5 SL
2004 Nissan Altima 2.5 S

I have to look into this, the question hasn't come up before. Stuff online says the Auto Refuel resets when the fuel door is opened, but the wiring diagrams I have access to through Identifix don't show any switch or sensor on the fill door. The OM is useless, it just says AR will reset when you refuel. I'll need to get on ASIST tomorrow for the harness drawings and system descriptions to see how it actually works.

iost

I assume Auto Refuel resets when gas level changes, this why I want to add some kind fuel door lock.

VStar650CL
Technical Expert
2004 Nissan Altima 2.5 S

That's what I'm thinking too, but I'll confirm it in the FSM. I know the aftermarket makes locking caps for Ford and GM capless fillers, but they've been using capless for awhile. I don't know if there's anything around yet to fit a Nissan.

VStar650CL
Technical Expert
2004 Nissan Altima 2.5 S

The FSM didn't even have a reference when searched for Auto Refuel, but I did confirm that there's no electrical connection at the filler. Tank vacuum would be an unreliable indicator, so I think the presumption that it's fuel level must be correct. The gen3 Rogues only need a gallon added to reset the DTE (unlike the older models, which took a ridiculous 4~5 gallons), so that's probably also the reset amount for AR.

Is your DTE zeroing out when the AR resets? If so, it's possible your cluster has an issue or isn't getting good battery backup voltage instead of fuel being swiped. Most of the capless setups are purposely very difficult to get a siphon into, so while I haven't tried it on a Nissan capless, I think the thief must have some skills if your gas is disappearing.

iost

Usually, DTE change after fill-up (never see zeroing).
Now, I'll be watching DTE and AR, when I park in garage.
Thanks for tips

casperfun
Car: 2009 Nissan Rogue SL AWD - Indigo Blue

Is that still a problem?

Surprisingly, gas I notice lately is $2.65.

Pretty sweet I must say. Especially since I read no too long ago that OPEC was increasing output a few months ago, Ukraine war, holidays.

Seems we good. :mike

Always had an unlock cap for 13yrs, never had a problem. Funny thing is, people like opening my car door and leave it open, but nothing is missing. Guess they like to peek. Who knows. Happen at a movie theater last week. Wierd but my old butt forgets locking the dand door. :spitout:

Vman62
Car: 2023 Nissan Rogue SV

iost wrote:
Sat Dec 10, 2022 6:43 am
Hi all. What you guys can suggest for secure locking fuel door on Rogue 2021 capless. I park my Rogue in building garage and sometime my auto refill screen gets reset over night.
I too notice random resets, though I don't frequently look at that screen so don't know exactly when it happens. It just now occurred to me that sometimes instead of pulling straight into my garage, park on my sloped driveway. Possibly when certain fuel amounts are in the tank, the tilt of the driveway makes the reading go up. Last time I filled up, I reset both auto refuel and TC 1 computers, and the auto refuel reset around 75 miles (~3 gallons consumed).

The owner's manual is frustrating terse on how auto refuel is supposed to operate, also. It doesn't seem to reset on its own right after a fill up, either. This does give you a chance to compare your computed average (once you know the amount added) with what the car tells you.

Return to “Rogue Forum”