Fuel/Air Induction service...

Forum for the unique Murano, and official home of Nissan Murano Club!
donagain1
Car: 2013 Nissan Murano SV AWD

I just had my 2013 Murano with 44+K miles at the dealership for routine service (oil change, fluids check, various inspections, that sort of thing) and for the second time they recommended the Fuel/Air Induction system service. They said that no issues were detected per se, but recommended it on the basis of mileage, rather than any observation as to crud built up anywhere. The car starts, idles, and runs quite smoothly so I'm figuring that it's one of those $236 bucks preventative things that benefit the dealer more than me, especially with such low mileage on a 6 year old car. What's the consensus of opinion around here about this... money-grabbing scam when they're just gonna spray an aerosol can of some sort of solvent cleaner down it's throat and call 'er good, or worth the expense???
Don

AZhitman
Administrator
Car: 58 L210, 63 Bluebird RHD, 64 NL320, 65 SPL310, 66 411 RHD, 67 WRL411, 68 510 SR20, 75 280Z RB25, 77 620 SR20, 79 B310, 90 S13, 92 SE-R, 92 Silvia Qs, 98 S14.

You nailed it: It's a dealer revenue generator.

When you get up around 100k, it might make more sense, but for now, there's really no reason. As long as you're running good quality fuel (it's pretty generally accepted that Techron is a good additive and Nissan injection systems seem to like it), then you should be fine.

When that time comes, BG makes some tried-and-true products that you can DIY apply. For now, if it were my car, drive it - the OBD2 system is there to tell you if something goes wrong, and it hasn't.

Welcome aboard!

Return to “Murano Forum”