FS: 1990 240sx RB25DET Project Car

Buy or sell Nissan / Datsun cars, trucks, SUV's and crossover Vehicles!
Bluefire

1990 Nissan 240sx ~160,000 mi (Clean Title)
1997 Nissan Skyline GTS RB25DET engine ~25,000 mi (40,000 km)

I purchased this vehicle and engine back in 2003. With the help of the Nico Club RB forum, an RB25 engine manual and a Mckinney Motorsports engine mount kit, I was one of the few people with an RB swapped 240.
Shortly thereafter, I began working as a technician at G-Dimension in City of Industry, CA. For those that don’t know, G-Dimension was run by James Chang, one of the very first people to swap an SR20DET into a 240 back in the 90’s. And it just so happened that Alex Pfeiffer, one of the first US D1 Grand Prix drivers, master fabricator, and owner of Battle Version was working in the same shop. Under these two amazing people, I gained immense knowledge and experience on engine building, fabrication, and anything vehicle related. With this, my 240 project evolved over time.
Over the years, I collected the highest end parts I could find to turn my 240 into the dream car I always wanted. A super clean, streetable, weekend track car. Sadly, my time spent working on customer cars meant I had little time and energy to actually work on my own car. In my final years at G-Dimension I made a hard push to complete my project since there was an opportunity to have it showcased in an import magazine. The chassis was completely stripped so that I could remove anything unnecessary to lighten it. I then stitch welded the engine bay, plugged and smoothed all unnecessary holes, fabricated a custom 6 point roll cage with Alex, and rolled the fenders to fit some 18x9 Nismo LMGT4’s. The chassis was then sent off to the body shop to be smoothed and painted a gunmetal gray from the first US release of the Skyline GTR. Unfortunately, there were serious issues with the quality of work. After some back and forth, I decided to take the car back and return once it was running again.
The project languished again due to a hectic work and school schedule and lack of funds. Weeks turned to months, and month turned to years as my goals in life changed and interest in my car faded. I continued to buy parts that I knew I needed, but I never quite found the time to complete the project. Fast forward to today and I am still busy as ever and have a kid on the way. And while I still hang on to hope that I could still finish it someday, I have to be honest with myself and accept that its time to move on.
Below is the list of parts I have for the vehicle. To the best of my knowledge the only major item missing to assemble the car to full running condition is an ECU. (I recall selling my Power FC to a customer that needed it with the intention of upgrading to an AEM EMS.) All other components are new, rebuilt, or have very low miles on them. The engine ran beautifully since it came from a crashed front clip that only had ~38,000 km on it. I retained all the original parts, screw, nuts, wiring and more from the chassis. I have tons of spare and extra parts. I also have a large photo library and wiring documentation to aid with assembly. There really isn’t much else you’ll need to complete this project and you’ll likely be left with extra parts for repair or items you can sell. I will even include an engine hoist, and engine stand, and possibly a jack. Lastly, I can provide technical support over the phone or through video chat to help with assembly within reason.
I am selling this project car complete with every part listed along with any other related parts that I have. I am not willing to part out any component unless it’s a high dollar item that I know I can easily sell on its own. My fair asking price is $25,000. This is considerably lower than what I originally paid for each part and I have not given any consideration to the current value or rarity of certain parts. If you have a serious interest in this project, please contact me through text at 951-7four1-77four1. Located in Lakewood, CA 90715.

Body
1990 Nissan 240sx Hatchback Chassis (~160,000 mi)
180SX OEM Kouki Front Bumper
180sx OEM Front Bumper Extension
180sx OEM Front Bumper Lights
180sx OEM Front Turn Lights
180sx OEM Taillights (Complete)
180sx OEM rear Quarter Windows
180sx Type X OEM gauge cluster
VIS Carbon Fiber Hood
Canadian OEM Urethane Side Skirts (FOHA)
AeroCatch Locking Hood Pins

Engine
1997 Skyline GTS RB25DET (~40,000km)
Power Enterprise Timing and Accessory Belts
New Timing Belt idler belt and tensioner
Greddy intake manifold
Q45 Thottlebody
NGK iridium sparkplugs
HKS wastegate
GTR intercooler
Custom aluminum IC piping with bead rolled ends
Blitz blow off valve with recirc piping
Powder coated valve and timing covers
Steel braided coolant and oil lines
Custom Breather tank and braided lines
G-Dimension Engine Mount Kit
3" Downpipe
3" Test Pipe
Blitz Realize TT Exhaust

Fuel System
Denso Fuel Pump
Aeromotive Fuel Regulator
rebuilt 7MGTE 440cc Injectors
Top mount fuel rail
steel braided lines

Cooling System
Nismo Thermostat
Silicone Coolant lines
Griffin Dual Pass Radiator
Custom Overflow Tank

Oil System
Setrab 19 Row Cooler
Oil Filter Relocation Ki
Custom AN braided lines

Steering System
Rebuilt steering rack
New tie rods and ends
Custom Power steering tank
Setrab 13 Row Cooler
Custom AN Braided lines
Polyurethane rack bushings
aluminum steering column bushing
NRG quick release and steering wheel hub

Drivetrain
Nismo GMAX twin plate clutch
Original clutch and flywheel
Nismo Pivot Bolt
New throwout bearing and carrier
Steel braided line
Custom Stainless Hardlines
New master cylinder
Welded clutch pedal bracket
C's short shifter
1 piece driveshaft
S15 helical differential
Skyline GTS differential

Braking System
R33 GTR Brembo Front and Rear Calipers
DBA slotted front and rear rotors
Stillen brake pads
GTR Stock Rotors
Z32 Ebrake cables and custom bracket
Z32 Front and Rear Aluminum Calipers
Z32 Front Aluminum Calipers (Split)
Z32 Front Steel Calipers
Z32 Front and Rear Stock Rotors
Z32 Front and Rear Performance Pads
Steel braided lines
Custom Stainless hardlines
RB25 Brake master cylinder and brake booster
Welded brake pedal bracket

Suspension and Chassis
6 Point Custom Battleversion Roll Cage
Nismo Power Brace
Battleversion Front Tension Arms
Battleversion Adjustable Front Lower Arms
Battleversion Rear Upper Arms
Battleversion Rear Traction Arms
Battleversion Rear Camber Arms
JIC Magic Coilovers (Supposedly Ken Gushi's old setup)
JIC Coilover rebuild kit
JIC Rear Lower Fork
Z32 rear aluminum knuckle
S14 front and rear 5 lug hubs
Nismo extended studs
Ichiba 15mm Hubcentric Spacers
Nismo LMGT4 18x9 +15
Toyo R1R Tires

Wiring
Aluminum Battery Box
Carling Tech Switches
Bussman fusebox
Waterproof Connectors
12/14/16 gauge wire
Grounding Kit

Miscellaneous
All original chassis components and hardware
Silicone couplers and T-Bolt clamps
Silicone hoses
240sx Factory Service Manual
RB series Engine Manual
Various Wiring Diagrams
Progress photo library
Engine Hoist
Engine Stand

Bluefire

Correction this car is technically a 1991 model. The manufacturer plate says it was built in 1990 though

Return to “Nissan For Sale”