Frozen lock buttons

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
ras_oscar

I went out to my 2012 rogue yesterday and was presented with a thin sheet of ice over the entire top half of the car. I gently chipped it off the ice from the door handle and pressed the rubber button to unlock the keyless entry doors. Nothing. Tried the driver's door, the passenger door, and the rear hatch. Is this a known problem or am I plowing new ground?

ImStricken06
Car: 2008 Rogue(sold)
2013 Santa Fe
2016 Sorento

strange. how cold was it yesterday? did you try the remote control itself?

ras_oscar

it was about 25. No, I didn't try the remote. I needed to get in to find an ice scraper for another car. Ended up finding one somewhere else. To be clear, the rubber cover was flexible. it did not stiffen. Either the electrical connection or the switch was affected. Came back in the afternoon when the temps had cleared and all was well.

ImStricken06
2013 Santa Fe
2016 Sorento

ras_oscar wrote:it was about 25. No, I didn't try the remote. I needed to get in to find an ice scraper for another car. Ended up finding one somewhere else. To be clear, the rubber cover was flexible. it did not stiffen. Either the electrical connection or the switch was affected. Came back in the afternoon when the temps had cleared and all was well.
so when you found the black button not working, you 'gave up'? you didnt think to use the physical key, nor the remote?

Rogue One
Administrator
Car: 2011 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Honda CR-V LX
2022 Honda Pilot Special Edition

ImStricken wrote:
ras_oscar wrote:it was about 25. No, I didn't try the remote. I needed to get in to find an ice scraper for another car. Ended up finding one somewhere else. To be clear, the rubber cover was flexible. it did not stiffen. Either the electrical connection or the switch was affected. Came back in the afternoon when the temps had cleared and all was well.
so when you found the black button not working, you 'gave up'? you didn't think to use the physical key, nor the remote?
I suspect the OP didn't have it on their person at the time, which is why A) the locks didn't work, B) they didn't think to use the physical key, nor the remote.
:iws:

ImStricken06
2013 Santa Fe
2016 Sorento

Rogue One wrote:I suspect the OP didn't have it on their person at the time, which is why A) the locks didn't work, B) they didn't think to use the physical key, nor the remote.
:iws:
i really hope that isnt true. because that would be EPIC failure on multiple accounts lol :stickhit:

ras_oscar

Yes, I had the fob with me. My original question has been answered; this is not a usual problem. If it happens again I will be sure to try all the options, including the wireless fob remote and the manual key, and update this thread. Thank You for all your responses.

ImStricken06
2013 Santa Fe
2016 Sorento

Return to “Rogue Forum”