Frost forming inside the vehicle's windows

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
Oscar11
Car: 2009 Rogue

After running the vehicle and parking I come back to it and find the windows covered in frost. Please before I have to go to the dealership can anyone help with this?

Pescakl1
Car: 2008 Iridium Graphite SL FWD Rogue

It is not fun but it is normal when it is that cold outside.

You have to remove the humidity from the inside of the car. For that, use the windshield defrost mode as it puts the A/C on or, better, you can put any mode with the A/C on and the recirc mode on for faster results.

Wait for the car to warm up with this and it should remove the frost from the car (even faster if you are not in the car.

Mistake I made: At these cold temperatures, never ever use the recirc mode alone as you will at least fog your windows in no time.

The Rogue is not the best car for the job but way better than my 99 Legacy: With 4 people inside and defrost mode at full, I was still having frosted area on my windshield... and I am not even talking about the rear windows (frosted the whole winter).

Leo2005

Go to autozone and get all weather rain-x with anti fog. It will prevent your windshield from froze and fog. You can also help yourself with 12v hair dryer to dry the windshield after applying rain-x.

ahhbeebee
Car: '08 Rogue SL FWD - Pearl White

Oscar must be new to Canada. If so, Welcome!

I'm sure over the next little while you find that there are a lot of little things that are different when faced with our climate

Nick 568
Car: 2008 Nissan Rogue

Also make sure your windows are up all the way. I didn't put one back up all the way one time, and after a day of classes, I had some epic frost on the inside of the windows.But yes, it's normal.

Return to “Rogue Forum”