frontier seats

Forum for the Xterra, Frontier and Hardbody, the smaller workhorses of the Nissan lineup!
WideBodyCharlie
Car: 77 Datsun B210, 74 pl620, 98 Frontier, 94 Altima, Nissan Cube

hey guys. so i drive a 1998 frontier single cab everyday to work. it's the base model with the bench seat. well i love my truck as my daily driver but the seat is killing me. what are my options for a more contoured seat? is there a nicer bench i could replace or maybe a type of bucket that is easy to make fit? thanks, i am 6'3" so really i need a bigger truck, but i got a great deal on this one.

Big-Bird
Car: 2000 Xterra on 'Roids & 2004 Quest SL

Go to your local autowrecker:

Find a Honda Civic, Mazda 626, or Toyota Celica or Supra. Look for early 90's.

The seats will all need some type of brackets fabricated but it's not that hard to do. Make sure you grab the seat rails from your donor vehicle too. They will be needed.

WideBodyCharlie

cool, so you just mount the seat brackets from the doner car to the truck ones? is that why you suggested these particular cars? no one has pictures of this do they?

Big-Bird
Car: 2000 Xterra on 'Roids & 2004 Quest SL

I used the Buckets from a Mazda 626 Turbo in my 1985 720 Pickup. Those were comfy and multi-positional. I had to buy some flat bar from Home Depot and span the width between the Mazda Seats and the Nissan seat rails. The best thing you can do is get the factory seat rails and make your new seats fit the Frontier rails.

There might be a width difference between the Frontier and your donor seat rails but the seats I suggested are the most common in the salvage yards. The rest will depend on your ability to fabricate bracketry to get the new seats to fit.

Of course if you find a D21 Hardbody or a Pathfinder with buckets those will be easier to adapt to the Frontier Floor Pan.

Since we don't have pics may I suggest you take some when you tackle this project yourself?

WideBodyCharlie

cool, i'll def. take pics when i do it.

Return to “Nissan Trucks Forum”