frontier intake manifold swap

Forum for the Xterra, Frontier and Hardbody, the smaller workhorses of the Nissan lineup!
tre614
Car: 2001 nissan frontier xe

Does any one know how hard it would be and how long and how much it would cost to put a 240sx ka24de intake manifold on a 01 frontier with a ka24de?

Desert Rat
Car: 2014 370Z M6 Base Coupe
2017 Frontier 4.0
2007 Dodge Ram 2500 Cummins Quad Cab 4x4
1977 F150 4x4 Shorty BUILT
2008 Boulevard C90T
Previous owner of a bunch of Nissans

Cost is dependent on where you source parts...JY parts will be a lot cheaper. Since the induction system is different, I suspect you'd want the 240SX wiring harnes and ECU as well....

Are you doing the work yourself?Do you have a donor parts car?

If the answer to these questions is no, I'll tell you right now the cost won't be worth the gain unless you just have gobs of money to burn.

hsckris
Car: 07 V8 4runner

Desert Rat wrote:If the answer to these questions is no, I'll tell you right now the cost won't be worth the gain unless you just have gobs of money to burn.
what would you pick up, like 10hp (based on factory ratings). you might even sacrifice low end torque a bit too and therefore net out to the same speed.

although, i would imagine the 240 parts have more things available for them, like CAI or whatever.

tre614

What do you think would be the best things to do to make my truck fast?

Cyclemut
Car: 2002 Xterra 4x4, 2005 Frontier 4x4

Trade it in.

Either that or NO2 (you know, The Squeeze, Laugher, Juice, The Addiction, etc.).

The common stuff would be CAI, cat back exhaust or even cams. But the real winner would be a turbo. Start off decent sized (if not pushing a major amount of boost, you could start off without an intercooler and then later on add the intercooler) unit and keep the wastegate and intake temps low. With all that room in your engine bay (not having the 6'er in there) you should have a lot of play room for a snail.

jhall
Car: Honda Fit and 96' Toyota RAV4

Hi everyone!

I own a second hand 2001 Frontier, and I went to a local repair shop here in Carson and have my ride diagnosed for an upcoming road trip. The mechanic at that time was kinda having a bad day so we really didn't talked to each other that much.

He started testing several parts of the car with different apparatus and after several minutes he approached me and said "Dude, we need to replace your air filter if you plan to hit the long road. Ya know what I mean?" in a very cold and intimidating way.

So, all I could do was nod at his suggestion. Then he went into a sort of "stock room" and took some boxes out and pulled out a car part so alien to my eyes. He opened the hood and all I could here from where I was situated was engine parts clanking. Then afterwards, he approached me with stains of grease all over him and said in the same cold, intimidating tone "You're done. Just hooked you up with an AFE air filter. Don't worry, it's on me. I'll be quiting this job tomorrow anyhow." And then he just walked away and turned on the t.v.

Shocked as I was, I went home with my ride still astounded on what has just transpired and confused whether or not I should be happy or scared. It was really a mix of emotions.

Bottom line, I'm really scared s**t if there will any be any compatibility issues with the AFE filter with my Frontier? Anyone out there who knows this kind of issue?

Kind Regards and Good Times!

hsckris
Car: 07 V8 4runner

jhall wrote:Then he went into a sort of "stock room" and took some boxes out and pulled out a car part so alien to my eyes. He opened the hood and all I could here from where I was situated was engine parts clanking. Then afterwards, he approached me with stains of grease all over him
wow... a filter thats 'alien' and requires grease to install.

spam FTL.

tre614

Does anyone ko wee i can get a good stroker kit for a ka24de for around $1500

02grnfrontier
Car: 02 nissan frontier green xe 2wd

check crower.com they have lots of kits

02grnfrontier
Car: 02 nissan frontier green xe 2wd

sorry i checked crower nothing for nissans

Return to “Nissan Trucks Forum”