Front Wipers urgent its raining!!!

A great resource for Nissan Sentra, Infiniti G20, 200sx, Pulsar, NX1600, NX2000, Tsuru, Primera and Sunny owners.
89240sx

Hey I know nothing about the Sentra but I'm trying to help a friend with his front wiper problems.

Here's the deal... the motor works fine and the arm is attached to the motor... that same arm goes to the number 1 wiper but it has detached for some odd reason... now my question is

Is there a bolt where the wiper and motor arm connect or does he just force it down onto the arm? Is there a clip ? basically how does it go back on?

Thanks for all your help... dont flame me! :D

(i searched but didnt find anything)

Mark :ylsuper

89240sx

OOPS btw it is a 1996

EZcheese15
Car: 2012 Juke SV
2011 Titan Pro-4X
2007 BMW 328i

Can't remember for sure off hand, but I believe there is a bolt that holds the wiper arm to the motor arm. You're talking about inside the wiper assembly panel, right? like on the backside of the wiper motor? Because the wiper motor moves in a circular motion and is bolted to an arm, which causes the arm to move back and forth in a linear motion.

89240sx

right .. the arm bolted to the motor is fine... it is where the arm hooks to the wiper that has came off

thanks for the reply

NISTECH

it just pushes on. the silver arm has a white plastic cap with grease in it. you just push it on to the ball joint on the pivot assembly. quick note there was a recall on the sentra for the pivot at the center of the windshield which in some cases required replaement of the pivot and both silver arms. in other cases is just installing a piece of foam.

f8sjester

btw. . . if you're TOTALLY screwed and it's raining then at least get a bottle of Rain-X. . . obviously not a permanent solution but it'll help in a pinch. . .

Return to “Sentra Forum / Infiniti G20 Forum / Pulsar / NX Forum”