Front tires = uneven wear..

Shocks, springs, sway bars, coliovers, bushings, brakes, wheels, tires - This is the place to discuss G-Series suspension modifications!
Kate400

Hi everyone, I need some advice… My front tires incur more wear on the inside rather than the outside. should I be concerned about this? Is it normal? They are the original tires, 18,450 miles.

Also, how far down do you have push your break before the car slows down? Mine is like an inch off the floor, is this something that can be fixed by "bleeding the breaks."

Thank you!Kate (I love my G!)

bone_stock_240
Car: 1995 Infiniti Q45

Bleeding the brakes might be a good idea. Maybe there is some air in there. My buddie's G35 had a rather mushy feeling brake pedal also. As far as the tire wear is concerned, that is normal because of the rather large amount of camber the front wheels have. Unfortunately for you, you can not rotate the tires at all without unmounting them from the rim.

pits200

What do you mean that you can't rotate the tires??? Is this the Sedan or Coupe you are talking about???

bone_stock_240
Car: 1995 Infiniti Q45

Oh crap, my bad. I assumed coupe.

alik
Car: 2007 G35 Sport

I have the same problem on my 07 G35 Sport. My car only has 1300 miles on it. I've had it for little over a month. Ever since I got the car, i noticed that my allighment was off a little. If I keep my steering wheel straight, the car pulls to the right really bad. I didnt want to do an allighment because the car is brand new and once you start doing it, then the alligment is never the same. But I have no choice, because my right tire is wearing much faster the left. Im taking my car in for service this weekend. I suggest you do the same, see what they tell you.
Kate400 wrote:Hi everyone, I need some advice… My front tires incur more wear on the inside rather than the outside. should I be concerned about this? Is it normal? They are the original tires, 18,450 miles.

Also, how far down do you have push your break before the car slows down? Mine is like an inch off the floor, is this something that can be fixed by "bleeding the breaks."

Thank you!Kate (I love my G!)

adrianfromthecastle
Car: 1992 Nissan 240sx

if the tires are one way rotational, you'd have to take the tires off to rotate so that the surface area of the other side of the tire can be used up... I suggest an alignment to correct camber issues

Kate400

My car is a coupe, 2003, black, auto. Thanks guys,

zozoka1212
Car: 08 Infiniti G35x

yeap no rotation

zozoka

Return to “G35 and G37 Suspension, Brakes, Wheels and Tires”