Front Sway Bar 04 Maxima

The club for Nissan Maxima and Infiniti I30 / I35 owners, and the official home of Maxima Club of America!
iprey
Car: 2004 Maxima

I have a 2004 Maxima that is way too bouncy rolls too much.

I notice this problem most at higher speeds. Example: Going across a bridge in a turn on the interstate at 75mph (when the car hits the bump) the car feels way too unstable.

I've been searching for performance sway bar replacements, but, can only find bars for the Rear and "Links" for the front.

Being that I don't know much about sway bars... I am wondering why I cant find anything for the front.

Also.. when I replace the actual sway bar.. do I need to replace the links also?

Also..
What else other than lowering springs and sway bars will help me stiffen up the ride?

thanks for any help

centralcoaster33
Car: 240SX #5-1997

Hey, welcome to NICO Club!

Does your car currently have sway bars front and rear? If so, consider simply replacing the end links and hardware with urethane bushings like ES. That will put the work of the sway bars back in good order. Loose connections and worn bushings defeat a lot of the function of a sway bar and factory is usually pretty good. I saw this on maybe drift bible or similar and tried it on my 240sx and the new bushings totally stiffened up the sway without having to buy larger bars.

Lowering springs will lower the car and make it stiffer, but for lateral roll, you want to dampen the motion, so that would be the dampers you want to replace. Yours might be blown. You can try a 'damper bounce test' on all four corners for a quick check. If getting stiffer spring rates, then you want stronger damping force. I'm not sure of the specs or good parts for your particular vehicle. Hopefully others can chime in.

Return to “Maxima Forum & I30 / I35 Forum”