front strut bar

Shocks, springs, sway bars, coliovers, bushings, brakes, wheels, tires - This is the place to discuss G-Series suspension modifications!
g35pd
Car: G35coupeAuto'04

Hi everyone! Just new to the forum. Anybody got any info on the front strut bar from DC priced at $318. I read somewhere that you cannot put a strut bar (front) on an infiniti g35 coupe. I know it's not a must but the car will look cool with this.

g35pd

Great, Thanks a lot! This site is so helpful!

C-Kwik
Car: 2013 Chevy Volt, 1991 Honda CRX DX

Does DC list it on their website as an application for the G35? If so, I would assume their bar fits.

The only speculation I can offer is that the engine cover may be too high to allow a strut bar to fit. The Z uses only a partial cover. Based on plenum spacer specs it would appear that there is less room to work with in the G while retaining the engine cover.

As far as a strut bar in general for a G, don't expect much. Strut bars are most effective on cars with strut type suspensions. In these cases, the strut towers themselves take on a significant amount of lateral and torsional load on top of the vertical load. Double wishbone suspensions place the load at the mounting point of the upper control arm instead of where the top of the shock mounts. The shock only induces a vertical load. To get the best effect, you would need to have a brace that connects to 2 upper control arm mounting points(which may be hard to do as space is limited). A bar mounted to the top of the shock towers can still help rigidity, but not as effectively.

g35pd

Understood! Appreciate you taking the time to explain. Thanks!

Return to “G35 and G37 Suspension, Brakes, Wheels and Tires”