Front Speakers Popping On and Off on 2003 QX4

A forum for the legendary Nissan Pathfinder and Infiniti QX4.
whathappenedtoleeds
Car: Inifiniti QX4

I've searched this forum a lot about issues and questions I've had about my QX4 and I have found a lot of good information. I was having issues with my front speakers popping in and out/on and off. What would happen is the front speakers would pop on and off when the car was first started and then after a few minutes the left speaker would stay on, but the right wouldn't come on at all. It originally started when the music would be above a certain volume, or was bass heavy.

I saw on here that the issue might be with the head unit. I bought an aftermarket head unit. I installed it yesterday and the issue was still happening. I messed with the fuses to see if that was an issue, but that didn't seem to do anything. Then I decided to take the door panels off to check the speakers. As far as I could tell everything looked good. I then decided to see what would happen if I unplugged the right speaker. When I did that the left speaker immediately started working. I then took the speaker amplifier from the left speaker and hooked it up to the right speaker, and vice versa. Doing that the same popping happened but the right ended up working, and the left didn't. So, I figured out that it seems to be the amplifier for the right speaker that is bad. I have unplugged the right speaker for now, and ordered an amplifier (Bose amp 5300 front 077) on ebay that I guess is from a salvage QX4. Today though, if I turned the radio to a certain volume the left speaker started popping on and off a bit. I'm wondering if anyone knows what might be going on with the speaker amplifiers and why this is happening. Also, is there a fix other than replacing the speaker amplifier or the speakers themselves?

heavy hitter
Car: 2001 QX4

if you have an aftermarket head unit....just bypass the stock amps and let the unit do its job. itll probably sound better anyways

heavy hitter

throw some decent speakers in those doors as well and make the most of it.

whathappenedtoleeds
Car: Inifiniti QX4

heavy hitter wrote:
Tue Mar 26, 2019 3:34 pm
throw some decent speakers in those doors as well and make the most of it.
I used the PAC roem-nis2 wire harness for hooking up the head unit to work with the Bose amps. Do you know if I can use still use the wire harness if I bypass the door amps?

heavy hitter

I think the pac roem maybe alter it to work with the 2 ohm signal that the Bose speakers and amps work on...so you might have to ditch it

Return to “Nissan Pathfinder Forum / Infiniti QX4 Forum”