Front Seat Cushion Replacement

A forum for the Nissan Quest... minivan lovers unite!
darobsman
Car: 2015 Nissan Quest

Howdy all! "Newbie" here.

I have perhaps an odd question. We have a 2015 Quest, with 72k miles on it, which we have owned for just over 2 years. Since it's an SV, the seats are cloth. I will readily admit that both my wife and I are of decent size. Due to sliding into the driver's seat on a continuous basis, the foam(?) has developed a very high "lump" where our left hips sit. It has been getting increasingly comfortable, to the point where even I can only sit there for a max of 2 hours before needing to stop and stretch.

I asked the dealer about this, and was of course told that the only fix is to order a new seat. My question is this: Can this seat be disassembled somehow? We basically need to take the covering off, and trim down some of the foam that is causing the issue, then reassemble. I have not found any information or videos of this process.

I would appreciate anyone's advice. Frankly, mainly due to this issue, we have started looking into replacement vehicles. (Believe it or not, we have never had this issue in any other vehicle we owned.) But, since we are "upside-down" on the loan by quite a bit, it may take some time before we can replace it. Thanks in advance for any help!

macgiver

Goto your local upholsterer and see if they can sew-in a MY-Pillow in there ?? :yesnod

Return to “Quest Forum”