Front Oxygen sensor

Got questions about your Nissan? We're here to help, and it's FREE!
rakesh

Should I save $30 and put in an after market or go OEM.

Car seems to be working great 34 MPG, no driveabilty issues, Should I even bother replacing it?

Thanks,

EZcheese15
Car: 2012 Juke SV
2011 Titan Pro-4X
2007 BMW 328i

If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

And as far as O2 sensors, go OEM is always best, but costs more.

rakesh

Torry,

Thanks,

I failed to mention;

THis happened after replacing stock air filter with K N

Also, the engine light comes on after about 150 miles following an ECU reset ( not the easiest thing to accomplish ).

EZcheese15
Car: 2012 Juke SV
2011 Titan Pro-4X
2007 BMW 328i

Have you verified that the check engine light comes on *because* of the O2 sensor? Is that what code is shows?

If it is, then I don't think there is anything that would make that happen by replacing the filter.

If you don't know what code it has, then it could be something else. It could be your mass air flow sensor, or even something totally not related to the intake.

Oh, and also, if it is the O2 sensor code, you need to decide if it's a bad O2 sensor, or is something *causing* the O2 sensor to go bad. You don't want a brand new sensor going bad because something else is screwed up.

maxpsi

OEM O2 sensors are NO better than aftermarket. In fact, the aftermarket actually spends a little more time making their product better than OEM and fixes problems that OEM left out. Bosch 02s are best. Nothing else Bosch, just 02s, avoid the spark plugs at all cost!

i swear! the things people are getting told here!

drjohn

Oem o2 sensors are actually the best to use... The aftermarkets are designed to be used on several different models or products and may not be designed specificly for your vehicle. This can cause the o2 to mask other unseen problems . Think in the case of spark plugs, would you use a no name plug in your engine or the factory NGK plug??

Return to “Nissan Online Mechanic”