Front Lower Control Arms left/right

Discussion of Infiniti's amazing (and underrated) sport-luxury crossovers, the EX35 and EX37. For 2014, the EX series will be renamed QX50, in line with Ininfiit's new naming conventions.
piSSko
Car: 2009 Infiniti EX35 AWD

Hi guys,

long time haven't been here. Hope everyone is doing great. NJGuy, heard you are switching back to Infiniti :P

anyway, yesterday I went to see my mechanic and was told I need to replace both front lower control arms. The is some play in the ball joint. Beside that, he mentioned I would need to replace a stabilizers as well.

Has anyone done any work with front lower control arms so far? Any suggestions? I found Dorman control arms going for 240+tax CAD (Ontario Toronto). Is that ok brand to go with?

thanks,

piSSko

piSSko

Since I have no place to work on my care but to go to mechanic, here is the awesome video for anyone who plans to do some work on their own.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vzrizm2nzh8

Rashawnda1
Car: Infiniti Ex35

How did this work out for you I posted today about problems getting tires to line up correctly after both arms and tie rods were done?

Antheleon

Anyone have any tips on how to remove the LCA bolt that is attached to the strut? It's seized to the bushing....

piSSko

Sry guys for the later response. I end up changing both front lower control arms :( it cost me 1500CAD :S I've got them from gnaautoparts.weebly.com. they have each for 270 tax in.

Return to “Infiniti EX35 / EX37 and QX50 / QX55 Forum”