Front License Plate Mount

Dedicated to the G37 Convertible. This forum is for convertible-only content that is NOT covered in the other G-Series forums.
KayC

Hello, I got a ticket today for no front plate (124$). Is there a after market mount so they won't have to drill my grill. Thank You, KayC

bschurr
Car: 2009 G37S 6MT Conv

KayC wrote:Hello, I got a ticket today for no front plate (124$). Is there a after market mount so they won't have to drill my grill. Thank You, KayC
Aw dang - that blows.NJ is a state that requires a front plate and my car came from the dealer with the bracket pre-installed.

Here is one of the more ingeniuos solutions that I have seen recently on a Mini Cooper that makes use of the front tow hook to attach the front plate --> http://www.images.gominigo.com...r.pdf

I have also heard of using the following to mount a front plate without drilling into to the bumper cover:- Strong magnets behind the bumber to hold the plate- Super strong Velcro- Fishing line- Suction cups with a molded in threaded nipple. Click the link & scroll to the bottom --> http://www.mcmaster.com/#suction-cups/=55u5fu

If you have a hole and want to cover it, there is a company called bumperplugs.com that sells color matched plugs that cover any holes.

Good luck (and Happy New Year)!

torbee
Car: Currently a Mazda RX8 - getting a G37 convertible

Major bummer.

I've been driving my current car (2006 Mazda RX8) with no front bumper for three years in a state where it's illegal - but have escaped with just one warning thus far.

I have no intention of defacing my sweet new convertible when it arrives.

Don't let The Man keep you down!

Petert
Car: Infiniti G37 Convert. Midnight Garnet / Saddlewood / Rosewood

Bummer! In CA, it's illegal to not have a front plate, but I drove my Mazda Tribute without one for 10 years. I'm taking my chances with the G37.

Fingers crossed.

KayC

That stupid cop pulled me over again, he's harrassing me....Now he gave me 24 hours to get my plate on. I ordered the bracket from Stellin (sp) but it won't be here until Tuesday and I can't get it put on till Thurs, so I may be getting another ticket..

Petert
Car: Infiniti G37 Convert. Midnight Garnet / Saddlewood / Rosewood

Go down to the precinct with the order and tell them that you are dealing with it as quickly as you can and to ask their cop to find another source of income...please.

Return to “G37 Convertible Forum”