Front facing plenum on rb20 vaccum lines help!!!

Discuss the RB20, RB25 and RB26 series engines.
Nissan_90
Car: 1990 240sx rb20det swap

So i have a rb20det in my s13 and intstalled a knock off godspeed front facing plenum and i got it all put together on the manifold but i been doing some research and i found some answers but they are all different anselwers or not clear enough but the 4 vaccum port holes under the plenum is whats stopping me from finishing. I dont know where they go too so if anyone can help out i will really appreciate it.. and before anyone gives me crap i have done my research and looked around and havent found a thread that specifically tells me what where the lines go to unless im not reading right but, im more of a visual person...

amc49
Car: '11 Nissan Versa
'17 Nissan Altima

Hey, visual person, if you have no lines lying loose in your vision to put on the nipples then there is nothing to do there..............plug the holes.

Not rocket science...........

Nissan_90

Ya that was a very specific answer thank you amc49 for the advice and yes its not rocket science but wanting it done right is my goal and thats the whole point of a forum is for help not for ppl wanting to be a******

amc49
'17 Nissan Altima

And what I deserve after answering a post where the poster clearly calls out that he refuses to learn beyond where he is lead to by the hand like a child. The 'visual person' thing, don't give me words, I don't know what to do with them.

My question is this.................if you cannot figure out simple vacuum circuits what are you doing modifying engines? The intake makers don't call things like that out because the end user is supposed to be smart enough to not need it.

(shaking head sadly)................lemmingworld.

Nissan_90

A simple "you dont know" is fine buddy lol you are too funny and still no answer for my question and if you dont know what I'm talking about in my question maybe you should not reply to a post

amc49
'17 Nissan Altima

But I DO know, or would in seconds after looking at the car................I've rebuilt hundreds of engines of many types and brands and tons of high output drag race stuff with vacuum ports all over the place and zero instructions for any of them. That issue is so simple (ONLY 4?, my Focus cars have like 10) it begs stupidity not being able to fix it. You have to think out your individual issue out once you change things away from any norm, YOU become the test guinea pig there. I tuned through the '70s when cars had up to 30 vacuum lines on them and ridiculous. But I knew where they all went. Today's cars are stupid simple in that respect.

I'll leave you alone, it was such fun............'I don't know' is a challenge to do it in my world rather than a limitation............

amc49
'17 Nissan Altima

Went looking for a minute, you have to understand I've never seen one of these before..........

You'll need power brake source, fuel pressure reference if that type of sensor, HVAC supply if using it, boost gauge source, two lines for carbon canister (control and flow), wastegate vacuum, and breather for the other half of the PCV system to vent the crankcase. Maybe 1 or 2 more based on things I haven't found yet. Delete any things there not used. You gotta plumb all that up so it makes sense using the vacuum takeoffs you have, any others get plugged.

Return to “RB20DET / RB25DET / RB26DETT Forum”