From difference 19 Frontier

Forum for the Xterra, Frontier and Hardbody, the smaller workhorses of the Nissan lineup!
YipMan_Style

Comparing the lowest price new 2019 KC 2WD S.

Manual transmission is $17.5K Discounted.
Automatic is $21K Discounted.

This makes the manual 5 speed manual Frontier a great value.

3 questions:

1. I read about the issues with the QR25DE. There was the pre-cat, then the butterfly screws. I believe all of these are fixed. Correct? I later read there was a recall in 2006 with the crank position sensor. All this is 10+ years ago. Is the QR25De engine a solid motor?

2. Ok 5 speed manual transmissions are pretty old - and I don't care. Nissan is focus on CVTs. Has there been any improvements? Or is this pretty much the same manual from 20 years ago? Any other cars share this transmission still? Not in the U.S. I'm guessing, but in other parts of the world?

3. There are rumors that this is the last year. We can believe that. Other parts of the world have moved on to the Navara. Is the current (U.S.) Nissan Frontier still being sold in other parts of the world? (Canada don't count).

Desert Rat
Car: 2014 370Z M6 Base Coupe
2017 Frontier 4.0
2007 Dodge Ram 2500 Cummins Quad Cab 4x4
1977 F150 4x4 Shorty BUILT
2008 Boulevard C90T
Previous owner of a bunch of Nissans

should be a reasonably reliable cheap truck, but if you can swing it, you'll be a LOT happier with the power from the V6.

Return to “Nissan Trucks Forum”