from 02 QX4 to 03 G35 Sedan 6 speed

A general discussion forum for G35 and G37 owners and a great place to introduce yourself to the NICOclub G-Series Forums!
QX4MIkey
Car: car audio , web design

I was at the dealer today to take my 02 QX4 due to my Cruise Control problem..see thread on the QX4 forum.

When I inquired about the G35, they informed me that my QX4 is almost $10K upside down!:eek: But they said that for $2000, I can trade my QX4 with 31K miles for a 2003 G35 Sedan 6 speed (Light blue pearl color) and pay/lease about $534/ month 60 month lease... is this full of shiet..Im on a 60 month lease now and Im racking up the miles on my QX4 (I commute 200 miles a day).

They also said that If I get the G35, my insurance will be lower and I will get MUCH better gas mileage over my QX4 which makes my total monthly expense about $150.00 LESS.

Should I go for it?..Get a new car, start the lease over and keep on trading it every year or couple of years?

I was also looking at used 530i BMW or 330i as well.

What do ya'll think?

Mike

vq35de
Car: G35 Sedan Leather 6MT

if it is about the fun to drive factor, get the G.

However, if you are at all practical, it sounds like this would be a stupid decision. BTW, the G gets high teens low 20's gas mileage, not the best car for a commute. If you really need to get out of the QX4 go for a lower end car/truck and you can mitigate the loss some.

I am not practical and did not hesitate to go upside down on my G. It is a toy and does not have to be practical.

My jeep is practical

QX4MIkey
Car: car audio , web design

well, Since I still have my other half's 2000 QX4, I think Ill get the toy. :D

PalmerWMD
Car: 2004 350Z

QX4 Mikey:

I wouldnt call it upside down if you are on a lease.Your payments are average loss of value over life of lease.

The early payments are actually less than the true loss of value ,so if you want out of a lease, you make up a difference ot reflect this.

Even on a buy, most are upside down early , unless the downpayment was large.Just a product of automobiles depreciating most early in their life.

Nothing that really bothers me, as I dont buy a car to sell it.

Fred..:)

Micah
Car: cars, car audio, motorsports

If you drive 200 miles per day, I don't think leasing is a good idea. Most leases allow 12K miles per year (15K if you're lucky) and 200 miles per day will take you well beyond that, so you will always owe a lot of money when it's time to turn the car back in. The car can be financed for ~$50-$100 more per month for 60 months, and then you own the car and don't have to pay any mileage penalties.

rydwhite
Car: 2003 G35 Coupe

Get the G. Do it. Say "NO" to BMW and join all us cool G owners. You know you want to and everybody else is doing it. Come on, just give it a try. You'll be glad you did.

Give in to peer pressure. It is just easier than resisting and much more fun. I promise.

Return to “G35 and G37 General Discussions”