Freshly Rebuilt Ka24de Problem...Help

Information on the naturally-aspirated KA24E and KA24DE engines.
H00NIGAN
Car: 1989 Coupe

I would like to start off by saying Hello to everyone as i am new to this forum..

I just rebuilt a s14 ka24de pretty much a OEM rebuild, Has ARP main studs, Rod Bolts and Head Studs and Clevite bearings. Everything else is stock or OEM. I got motor complete and running, but it running weird and is throwing me for a loop trying to figure it out.. It is missing at idle and brakes up untill 3500rpms then it seems to clear up but bogs and slow to climb rpms.. I bought and replaced wires, plugs, distributor, rotor,cap, ignition coil. I switched out my MAF with a working on off my other 240sx and nothing changed its still the same..This is a s14 ka but i used a s13 Intake manifold, because it all ready had EGR delete and all the emission deleted, Could this be the problem? I had a friend tell me i could not use a s13 intake on a s14 ka.. Also my car was swapped from single cam to s13 dual cam, I am still using s13 wiring harness and ECU and Distributor. This motor also has the dual exhaust cams in it and i am sure they where installed correctly i triple checked everything...Any Ideas Please Help..

Thanks..

Chris

H00NIGAN
Car: 1989 Coupe

No One?...

tony602
Car: 1990 Nissan 240sx Singlecam

Hey im pretty noobish also, just bought my first 240sx and im rebuilding it. Just wondering, spark plug wires correct? Timing is correct? Are all of the vacuum lines in order and carefully placed where they belong? These are just some problems i know i have had before. Make sure u run the gammut.

Return to “KA24E / KA24DE Forum”