Found some coilovers need oppinions

Forum for Nissan wheel fitment, tire selection, suspension setup and brake discussions.
nando
Car: 1995 nissan 240sx se
1989 nissan 240sx

Searching for new suspension for a better stance

I have Tien S springs wraped around Tokiko D-Spec

and found these

http://www.frsport.com/Megan-Racing-Spe ... 16517.html

Any oppinions, coments, or experiences?

Thanks
Last edited by nando on Mon Jul 26, 2010 9:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

wingFeather
Car: Current: 05 G35 Coupe. Previous: M35, M35 Sport, cube, J30, s13 sr20det, s13 rb20det, s14 zenki

I can't comment on that specific model, but I was indeed impressed with Megan quality.

simmode1
Car: Red '95 S14

Megan is a decent brand that definently suppports our demographic & community. I wouldn't really have a problem buying from them if I was looking for a cheaper, entry-level coilover. However, the RS coilover is probably overkill for the kind of driving most ppl do.

But they do look great don't they?! Even though I know the Megan Tracks are waaay more than I would need for a daily driver, I still find myself wanting them because they look great... haha

What kind of driving will you be using these coils for?

Edit: You know what? Nevermind what I said... Seems like they'd be really good on the street. They go a full inch lower then their previous coilovers and those 7kg/5kg spring rates sounds heavenly.

I also like Megan because their previous coilovers were known to give more backspace between the wheel and coilover perch, which gives you great wheel fitment options. They even sell an extended bracket for greater clearance. But I'm not sure if this applies to this new coilover.

nando
1989 nissan 240sx

so saving up is taking a bit...

but now i just came across this...

http://www.240sxmotoring.com/merasprscos1.html

12/10 rate as opposed to the 7/5 from FR???

simmode1

My guess is that Megan is offering alternate spring rates for street use and track use (which is a badass idea if it's true). Only way to find out would be a put in a call to a distrubutor and ask about the spring rates in the ads...

I want these coilovers soooo bad now... :yesnod

poshatch
Car: p.o.s. 1990 240sx hatch

i like that they have the dampening and rebound adjusting but the spring rates are really soft 7/5 isnt cutting it IMO but it always depends on your goals and application of course

i think the best thing to do would be to ask you, what is the application you need the coilovers for...then nico can better advise you on this and other coilovers

megan does seem to make good coilovers though

AZ89two4Tsx
Car: 2017 VW GTI, 14 Honda CBR650F

Megan is a cheap, low end brand.

Why in the world would you spend that much on MEGAN coilovers? For that price you can get some nice, quality proven, dependable coilovers.

Just because they look cool and have a pretty external reservoir doesn't make them any better than megan streets or whatever other crap they have. It's still a cheap brand.

nando
1989 nissan 240sx

application of the coilovers will be mostly daily driving and for show

i am into drifting but def wont be driftng my car. and there aren't may tracks around my area

as for the price...ya they are kinda expensive

i was planning on getting the street version earlier this year but that plan fell through.

im working on the body and paint now. i like these coils because of the soft spring rates which seem to be good for daily driving. plus i drive a lot and through many different types of roads and streets depending on my mood. i have owned the car for 3 years and it has been sitting for the past two. i bought it with 72k and now has 90k. thats 18k miles in the 6 months i have driven it.

im not to familiar with coil over setups and how they ride. plus i read that the RS have only recently been released early this year

any one want to suggest something better...like i said i was looking at the streets but if any one has any suggestions im open to discussion

simmode1

Stance LX+. Fewer features, similar spring rates, better reputation, slightly cheaper.
http://www.evasivemotorsports.com/Merch ... re_Code=EM

poshatch
Car: p.o.s. 1990 240sx hatch

if your not into serious drifting then id suggest getting like a 8kg 6kg set up those stances above do look good i like stance alot

i think megan streets come with somewhat soft springs and go decently low

AZ89two4Tsx
Car: 2017 VW GTI, 14 Honda CBR650F

Bottom line, if you're looking to spend that much money, quit looking at Megan.

Get a better, more reputable brand like PBM, Stance, Dmax, Tein, Apex, etc.....

I would suggest JIC as one of the best coils, but they pretty much went out of business.

Crazyirish
Car: Nothing noteworthy at the moment...

Megans, Stance, PBM, etc, are all entry level coilovers and a lot more similar in performance than most people realize. If you're shopping in this price range you should focus on the company and customer service of both the manufacturer and your chosen distributor. Thats the biggest difference at this price point.

Return to “Nissan Tires, Wheels, Brakes and Suspension”