Found Responder/bypass in car

Forum for Infiniti M35 and M45, and Nissan Fuga owners.
JustJason
Car: 2006 Infiniti M35x

While I'm on here for my other post:

While running power for a couple amps (fuunnnnn) I found a Clifford 50.7x and an idatalink bypass control module that seem to be wired into the engine bay. I havent owned this car too long but looked everywhere I could think for the remote but havent found it + it came from a BMW dealer so no help there. From what I saw it looks like they are but specifically referencing the part number on the OEM remote which i don't have, can anyone confirm this Are the remotes alone replaceable? I don't know what the wiring requirements are but I've seen some with LCD screens that show what doors are open and such - is that an option?
Link for the clifford responder: https://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_16 ... id=1&pid=1

P.s. found a prescription bottle under the front drivers seat with name/address when I took it out to clean under there - how weird would it be to reach out hoping its an owner who happened to keep it 😂

Larz
Car: 2019 Q70-L RWD

If I'm honest, my concern would not be getting hold of a useable remote. It would be finding someone who can disconnect and chuck that thing without damaging the wiring harness for the car. If it isn't causing troubles, I say leave it be. Best not to mess about with anything that could lock your car into 'no start' mode. Just a thought.

JustJason
Car: 2006 Infiniti M35x

:bowrofl:
Larz wrote:
Mon May 18, 2020 5:04 pm
If I'm honest, my concern would not be getting hold of a useable remote. It would be finding someone who can disconnect and chuck that thing without damaging the wiring harness for the car. If it isn't causing troubles, I say leave it be. Best not to mess about with anything that could lock your car into 'no start' mode. Just a thought.
Yeah I definitely wasn't going to jump right in and start messing with it, since I don't really know much about responders/bypass modules or at least enough to feel confident. But I did read online that the remotes are programmable as long as you have a working key on the Ms i believe (don't quote me - thats why I'm asking on here). If it is just reprogramming learning from a working transponder I would feel comfortable doing that, and if that were the case it would be nice to have the option of doing in the future but anything actually risking lock out no thank you

EdBwoy

I believe most fobs/remotes are individually replaceable, they just need to be programmed. You might need to confirm with a certified installer regarding your specific unit.
Have you tried the typical "hit lock button 3x" on your OEM key fob? That's how most systems that piggyback off the factory systems work.

Return to “Infiniti M35 and M45 Forum”