Forza 4 - Sans Porsche - NOT ANYMORE!

PC, Game console and Online gaming discussion forum
BusyBadger
Car: '92 Nissan 240SX
'05 Nissan 350Z
'13 Nissan Juke

I try not to let the word filter hit me too much, but...

f*** EA...

http://www.industrygamers.com/news/forz ... e-porsche/

RCA

I hate when suits get involved with people's awesome project. Forza is the premiere auto racing game on the console and it's too bad it is being held back. ::sigh::

I would love to see them stick it to the suits and get Ruf's permission to create Rufs that don't actually exist, place Porsche's physics / engine specs and just label them as Rufs.

BusyBadger
'05 Nissan 350Z
'13 Nissan Juke

That's actually a decent idea. It's no skin off Porsche's nose since it's EA's doing, not theirs. I've always liked RUF, even if I've never seen many of them "in the wild". As many times as I've toured the Porsche Factory at Zuffenhausen I never made it down to Pfaffenhausen to check out RUF...I'm not even sure if you can. Anyway...

I've heard some speculation that EA might be trying to get a game up to rival Forza (and I'd assume GT5 as well) in complexity, accuracy and detail - which is why they held back the Porsche license. Can't imagine that to be true for a company that made their money by offering a new title and merely updating the damned roster.

Eh, what comes around goes around...unless I'm mistake Microsoft has the rights to Ferrari. ;) What I'd actually like to see MS do would be a game similar to NFS: Most Wanted using the PGR engine. Since Activision closed Bizarre Creations (the original PGR developer) I'm sure Microsoft could find a place for them. As much as I love Forza for it's accuracy and detail I'd love to see a racer that wasn't quite as dumbed down as NFS but still fun to play.

A good story would be icing on the cake. :yesnod

And you know what did make it into Forza 4....THIS! Well, sort of...it's an Easter Egg.

EDIT: Apparently EA is promoting NFS: The Run as a competitor to Forza 4 and suggesting buyers hold buying Forza and get NFS instead because of the Porsche exclusivity.

MinisterofDOOM
Car: 1962 Corvair Monza
1961 Corvair Lakewood
1974 Unimog 404
1997 Pathfinder XE
2005 Lincoln LS8
Former:
1995 Q45t
1993 Maxima GXE
1995 Ranger XL 2.3
1984 Coupe DeVille

I've never been fond of Porsche anyway, with the exception of the 928 and the Cayman. So I really don't care. Sucks for Porsche fans, though.
In Forza 3, we were able to feature more than 35 different Porsche models by offering to collaborate with EA.
35 Porsches and STILL no 928. :tisk:

Chaotic_Warlord
Car: Black 5 speed Swapped 1995 240sx

EA did the same thing to Sega with buying out the NFL license so that EA could be the only one allowed to make officially licensed NFL games. Actually I think EA bought out all the professional sports licenses which is super lame. i'm super pissed tgat Forza 4 won't be allowed to have Porsches. Guess this means that Porsche won't be allowed in any non EA racing game.

RCA

EA is really starting to piss me off.

I stopped owning any EA titles since their "online pay pass" went up to make extra money on 2nd hand games. Fu*k them.

BusyBadger
'05 Nissan 350Z
'13 Nissan Juke

Chaotic_Warlord wrote: Guess this means that Porsche won't be allowed in any non EA racing game.
Pretty much the gist of it. It's why we're driving RUFs in TDU2.

Dittoz7
Car: 1997 2f0WtY SE!

All EA games have the feeling of butter sliding around a hot pan. yuck no thanks.

Kompresshun
Administrator
Car: 2020 Nissan Pathfinder SV 4x4, 2017 Ford F150 4x4 SuperCab 3.5L Ecoboost/10AT, 2005 Nissan Pathfinder SE Offroad 5AT

I'm not overly upset that Porsche won't be in the game this time, I do like them, but I never really had any in my garage in FM3 anyways unless I needed one for a race.

If EA is trying to create a rival, they need to really step it up. The closest they've come is NFS: Shift and Shift 2, which I enjoyed both of them, but they're a far cry from Forza and Gran Turismo as far as the overall experience. As detailed as they made NFS: Shift, it still doesn't have enough realism for me to enjoy it after I have beaten everything on the game and make me want to keep racing in it. Forza makes me keep pushing, just so I can buy more cars and upgrades, NFS makes it so easy that I get bored with it.

dasoupdude
Car: 2005 Z

isn't this NOT supposed to be out yet

Chaotic_Warlord
Car: Black 5 speed Swapped 1995 240sx

leave it to walmart to put a game out before its time, I'd report that locTion to turn 10. Release day isntfor another week

dasoupdude
Car: 2005 Z

Yep. my friend saw it at our local walmart

BusyBadger
'05 Nissan 350Z
'13 Nissan Juke

Chaotic_Warlord wrote:I'd report that locTion to turn 10.
How about just telling WalMart instead? After all...

It might not matter anyway. I've seen them stock items well before street date, but when the item is scanned it posts as "Not available for sale" or something similar.

BusyBadger
'05 Nissan 350Z
'13 Nissan Juke

Get your Walter Röhrl on! :badger

Forza 4 May 2012 DLC

MinisterofDOOM wrote:I've never been fond of Porsche anyway, with the exception of the 928 and the Cayman. So I really don't care. Sucks for Porsche fans, though.
In Forza 3, we were able to feature more than 35 different Porsche models by offering to collaborate with EA.
35 Porsches and STILL no 928. :tisk:
And since there are 7 never-before-seen Porsches I'm betting one of them is a 928. One of my favourite driving experiences was behind the wheel of a 928.

RCA

BusyBadger wrote:Get your Walter Röhrl on! :badger

[url=<a class="vglnk" title="Link added by VigLink" rel="nofollow" href="http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/arch ... -pack.aspx]Forza">http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/arch ... -pack.aspx]Forza</a> 4 May 2012 DLC[/url]
$20!

YIKES! Sorry, no can do. At least it is a ton of cars. Are they utilizing pay per car method as well?

Kompresshun
Administrator
Car: 2020 Nissan Pathfinder SV 4x4, 2017 Ford F150 4x4 SuperCab 3.5L Ecoboost/10AT, 2005 Nissan Pathfinder SE Offroad 5AT

I was ecstatic to see this announcement. They've released some decent car packs, but none of them have really wowed me and i've really missed the Porsche presence in the game. The RUF models just don't do it for me at all...

Yes there will be a pay per car method as well, but you won't be able to take advantage of the achievements unless you purchase the whole pack(from what I understand).

06_blkout
Car: 2008 Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V
2006 Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V (Sold)
2003 Nissan Sentra GXE

I really wish they'd release a track pack lol.

alms24sebring
Car: '97 Nissan 240sx. First Nissan. First love. Sold.
'04 Nissan Sentra SER SpecV

RCA wrote:EA is really starting to piss me off.

I stopped owning any EA titles since their "online pay pass" went up to make extra money on 2nd hand games. Fu*k them.
Yeah this is a completely stupid rip off.

This is hard news. Of all the cars, Porsche has to be the one to get cut. One of the most legendary car manufacturers. Sorry guys.

Also, BUY IT NOW and get ahead!! And what game is $80!?

BusyBadger
'05 Nissan 350Z
'13 Nissan Juke

RCA wrote:
BusyBadger wrote:Get your Walter Röhrl on! :badger
Forza 4 May 2012 DLC
$20!
YIKES! Sorry, no can do. At least it is a ton of cars. Are they utilizing pay per car method as well?
*cough*
RCA wrote:Screw consoles. <<SNIP>> I am making the move to PC gaming.
So what's the big deal then? And even before your PC migration weren't you were a PS3 player. :confused:

RCA

I own both PS3 and 360.

My migration is going to be complete when next gen consoles are released and I decide not to buy them. For now I still play MW3 on XBL but don't buy any DLC or have Elite Premium.

Return to “Gaming”