Forward Driving Aids temporarily disabled

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
NinjaBiscuit
Car: 2021 Nissan Rogue Platinum AWD

So if it wasn’t for the urgency of the matter, I wouldn’t have driven my brand new Rogue cross-country from Winnipeg to Calgary despite people saying it’s ok to do so, but hey, I did it anyway.

Anyways, I was using the Pro-Pilot Assist when all of a sudden I received a warning on my dash saying, “ Forward Driving Aids temporarily disabled. Front sensor blocked.” There was a warning that looks like 2 cars colliding on the dash. The first thing that comes to mind was bug splatters all over the camera is what’s causing the issue. So I turned off PPA and just drive and when we get to the next gas station to fill up, I checked the camera and it’s as smooth as a baby’s butt. I normally switch off my car when refueling and when I start the car again the warning was gone and when I tried PPA again, it worked. But after a couple of kilometers more the warning flashed on the dash again.

This happened 4 times. Even when it’s just raining it showed up.

I will contact my dealer and complain but is there anything I should do? I’m sure you guys know or heard about this before. Please share your thoughts/first hand experience.

VStar650CL
Technical Expert
Car: 2013 Nissan Altima 2.5 SL
2004 Nissan Altima 2.5 S

It's kind of normal for the radar to kick off in rainy weather, especially light misty stuff. It shouldn't be doing that in fair weather. If the crash light was solid then there will be codes in the system, if it was flashing then you may have a hot lane cam. The lane cam setup is identical to the gen2, and there have been some persistent issues with overheating power supplies.

NinjaBiscuit
Car: 2021 Nissan Rogue Platinum AWD

VStar650CL wrote:
Tue Aug 03, 2021 4:05 am
It's kind of normal for the radar to kick off in rainy weather, especially light misty stuff. It shouldn't be doing that in fair weather. If the crash light was solid then there will be codes in the system, if it was flashing then you may have a hot lane cam. The lane cam setup is identical to the gen2, and there have been some persistent issues with overheating power supplies.
Can dealerships fix this issue? This can be dangerous. I told my wife that maybe it should not be used for too long a period and she said “so what, you’re paying for ‘safety’ technology that you need to baby sit every time you use it?”

Yesterday we drove to Banff, about 200km from Calgary, and I was so refreshed from a good sleep after driving for 14 hours, so I didn’t feel the need to use Cruise Control. But it was raining, all of a sudden the message pops up again with the accompanying collision warning light! I was like, WTF?
Although the light went out without me having to turn off the engine like before.

I love the car so much with all its bells and whistles. But I’m just glad we took the extended warranty. You never know what issue might come up again with all its technology.

VStar650CL
Technical Expert
2004 Nissan Altima 2.5 S

Millimeter radar simply isn't reliable in the rain, on Nissans or any other brand. There's no fix for that, fine mist looks like a brick wall to pulsed microwaves. Like I said, if it's falsing under fair weather conditions then something may be wrong in the system.

casperfun
Car: 2009 Nissan Rogue SL AWD - Indigo Blue

I have old technology. They fit on my nose and held up by my ears. It’s not actually goggles, but a real reality visual warning system that look like everyday reading glasses. If I see some geese walking, I slow down, a dog running, I wait for it to move along, debris like tires or junk I drive around.

The great thing, this collision warning system fits in my pocket and does not have electronic parts to break down easily! :lolling:

My grandpa used to loved pressing his steering wheel where he loved using his audio warning system that allowed him to warn other drivers that he was there. :laugh:

The worse collision warning system is my Mom, who warns and screams at me when the OTHER drivers nearly run me off the road, especially when I have right of way. For some reason she blames me when I’m innocent and I should be more defensive.

She sits in the back seat now. :chuckle:

Frzninvt
Car: 2021 AWD Rogue SL w/Premium Package
Champagne Silver

The camera in the windshield is the one that impacts the system not the one under the front grill logo. There was morning dew and some fog this morning that blinded mine temporarily. That said I don't need the damn nanny aids.

VStar650CL
Technical Expert
2004 Nissan Altima 2.5 S

Frzninvt wrote:
Wed Aug 04, 2021 9:22 am
The camera in the windshield is the one that impacts the system not the one under the front grill logo. There was morning dew and some fog this morning that blinded mine temporarily. That said I don't need the damn nanny aids.
You can always tell easily whether the problem is the cam or the radar, an obstructed cam will give you a blinking icon (nothing else does) while the radar or any other system component will turn on the icon solid.

Return to “Rogue Forum”