Forum Search Help

A General Discussion forum for cars and other topics, and a great place to introduce yourself if you are new to NICO!
PATHFINDER99NI
Car: 1999 Nissan Pathfinder LE 4x4

Alright guys, I’m looking for every post in regards to swapping a manual into a Pathfinder. When I put the search terms “5spd swap”, “manual swap”, “5spd conversion” it doesn’t search for that term, it searches for the individual words. The instructions don’t help either, “Place + in front of a word which must be found and - in front of a word which must not be found. Put a list of words separated by | into brackets if only one of the words must be found. Use * as a wildcard for partial matches.”. Why would you put a word in the search box that you don’t want found?

VStar650CL
Technical Expert
Car: 2013 Nissan Altima 2.5 SL
2004 Nissan Altima 2.5 S

PATHFINDER99NI wrote:
Sun Jun 11, 2023 11:25 am
Why would you put a word in the search box that you don’t want found?
If I want to search for an A/C evap problem and I don't want to have to sort through a lot of P044x posts for problems with the emissions evap, I might put in something like "+AC +evap -canister -emissions -purge" to weed out most of the emission control posts. There are lots of reasons you might want to exclude a certain word or phrase.

Return to “General Chat”