Forest cabin air filter vs regular cabin filter

Forum for Infiniti M35 and M45, and Nissan Fuga owners.
M37owner
Car: 2011 M37

On the 2011 M37 , are the Forest Air and non-Forest Air cabin air filters interchangeable? The size "looks" the same in the pictures. My M37 does not have Forest Air.

The Forest Air looks like it has activated charcoal (carbon) coating which would make it more desirable and effective at cleaning the cabin air.

svard75
Car: 06 M35x

Forrest air has nothing to do with the filter. It's an additional cartridge containing oils that is released slowly into the cabin plus the variance of the blower motor to simulate walking through the Forrest and the feeling of variable wind blowing.

M37owner

Thanks. it must be that different parts suppliers describe the item differently. I see there is a "particulate" and "carbon" offering. The term "Forest Air" is used in some descriptions.
http://www.rockauto.com/catalog/raframe ... a9sqs215m5

aiham78
Car: 2011 Infiniti M37x

My car has the forest air feature so I'm using the forest air filter "Infiniti Grapeseed Polyphenol Cabin Air Filter" but if it didn't have that feature I would still use the forest air cabin air filter since it will perform better than the regular filter, I'm sure it is unnoticeable difference and might not justify the price difference but that is just me.

M37owner

aiham78 wrote:My car has the forest air feature so I'm using the forest air filter "Infiniti Grapeseed Polyphenol Cabin Air Filter" but if it didn't have that feature I would still use the forest air cabin air filter since it will perform better than the regular filter, I'm sure it is unnoticeable difference and might not justify the price difference but that is just me.
I agree, that's why I was asking if the filters were interchangeable. I "think" the carbon filter will do a better job filtering the air.
Thanks

Return to “Infiniti M35 and M45 Forum”