Ford 302 vert swap parts list.

V8 240sx? Sure! If either the chassis OR the engine is non-Nissan (i.e. SR20 in an RX-7 or LS1 in a 240sx), we've done it.
leesredgt
Car: 1992 Toyota MR2 N/A
1991 Toyota MR2 Turbo

Okay ive done some reading on this swap and the information is kinda scattered out and is confusing.So i was wondering what exactly is needed for this swap.

Ive read one post were he used the stock 240sx mounts with a diffrent tranny mount and another were they used custom mounts.Which is best and easier to use?

I know i will need a custom driveshaft so no biggie there.

As far as wireing goes i know i can get a Carb'd 302 and eliminate most of the wiring.But even at that what is still needed for the electronics to work inside the car and for the engine to run.

Can i use the stock T5 tranny that comes with the 302?

Also what oil pan modifications need to be done in order for it to work?can i not modifie the crossmember?

Last but not least what about headers?Can i use the stock headers and make them work or do they need to be custom?

I know this stuff has proably been discussed before but like i said its confusing and scattered out so if somebody could help i would greatly appreciate it.

maik21
Car: 240sx Coupe 5.0 90

for engine mounts and oil pan ... watch this video i made some months ago !!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cVOXvxXLLFk

Return to “Hybrids”