ford 302 carb to efi ... advice.

V8 240sx? Sure! If either the chassis OR the engine is non-Nissan (i.e. SR20 in an RX-7 or LS1 in a 240sx), we've done it.
maik21
Car: 240sx Coupe 5.0 90

yep... im here right now thinking about what happen if my engine was an efi setup... so what i need to do this? .....

my engine is a late 302 engine with hidraulic lifters so it isnt roller.

i need to know all posibilities to do this. maybe an complete engine from a mustang with all efi wires and ecu will be the easiest way.. but ...

so what do u think?

thanks maik. =)

haaaaaaaaaa... one more important think... what its the less of sensors an efi setup need to works fine???

for me and injector = sensor but i know it isnt a sensor.

maf, injector, o2 sensor, what else?

WDRacing
Car: 95 240SX, 99 BMW 540i, 01 Chevy Express, 14 Ford Escape

Depends on your budget really. You can buy a standanlone controller for management then you'll just need the intake, injectors, rails, fpr and the recommended sensors for each individual kit. Most kits include the sensors that they require or sell them seperately.

The cheapest route would be to just swap in an EFI motor. That way you'll just need a new fuel pump, assuming you have one for a carb right now.

Check these dudes out, http://www.mass-floefi.com/mass-flo.html

maik21

WDRacing wrote:Depends on your budget really. You can buy a standanlone controller for management then you'll just need the intake, injectors, rails, fpr and the recommended sensors for each individual kit. Most kits include the sensors that they require or sell them seperately.

The cheapest route would be to just swap in an EFI motor. That way you'll just need a new fuel pump, assuming you have one for a carb right now.

Check these dudes out, http://www.mass-floefi.com/mass-flo.html

thanks for your help. maybe it will be easier to swap a full efi engine, its what u said. its true. thanks

Davidss
Car: Z06/S2K

I would look into megasquirt you could do the whole conversion for really cheap. This would also be A TON easier than doing a whole motor swap unless you aren't experienced with wiring and electronics. But even if you aren't it would be a great way to learn.

maik21

Davidss wrote:I would look into megasquirt you could do the whole conversion for really cheap. This would also be A TON easier than doing a whole motor swap unless you aren't experienced with wiring and electronics. But even if you aren't it would be a great way to learn.
those are things i want to do =)

hey ... i saw ur engine swap video many times... but i cant see how the engine was sit in engine bay and where u put the electric fan.... in my city there is another s13 dead and maybe i buy it and try a 350swap, but i want to see fitment between engine and radiator. =) +

can u give me a link to watch pics of ur swap? thanks davidss =)
Modified by maik21 at 7:19 AM 5/22/2008

nookie2692000
Car: 2 91 coupe`s. one going 302 fully gutted street beast

just to let you know. your stock fuel pump will work plenty fine for the efi. flow rates are exactly the same. as for tuning and such. have someone in the states find you the harness, ecu, and any other parts of it you would need?

maik21

nookie2692000 wrote:just to let you know. your stock fuel pump will work plenty fine for the efi. flow rates are exactly the same. as for tuning and such. have someone in the states find you the harness, ecu, and any other parts of it you would need?
im saving for a megasquirt ecu so the other parts will be easy to find and all sensors work =) . the hard part its buy megasquirt because fees.

nookie2692000
Car: 2 91 coupe`s. one going 302 fully gutted street beast

i got my engine, trans, drive shaft, harness, ecu all for $200. im going to be doing some looking at junkyards soon. i could check out some things for you. the yards are usually real cheap that i go to.

maik21

nookie2692000 wrote:i got my engine, trans, drive shaft, harness, ecu all for $200. im going to be doing some looking at junkyards soon. i could check out some things for you. the yards are usually real cheap that i go to.
dont worry, i have all the time in my life. i need something i can mod everytime i want. an oem ecu dont work fine for me.

Return to “Hybrids”