Ford 2300 in a Datsun 510 engine swap?

Discussion forum for the venerable 510, and its non-US counterparts, the Datsun 1600 and Bluebird.
MaxVP

HI,

Im new here. Im picking up 2 1971 Datsun wagons for $600 here, 1 runs and the other is a parts car. What I would like to know what engine swaps besides the usual nissan engine swaps are out there such as, has anyone swapped a Ford 2300 into a 510??? and are there any others out there, like a web page where there is a good list of what other possible engines would work well in the 510. Im looking for info on 4cyl to 6cyl because of the size and weight issues involved

Thanks

Max

Mr1der
Car: It's still not a Nissan...

hmmm....I've never honestly seen one in a dime...unless you're going with the turbo version...I don't see many benefits to that swap.

do the wagons have running motors?

MaxVP

I know the one of them is running, but not sure if the parts car has a motor or not. Kind of what im planning is keeping the running one stock and mod the parts car.

Max

Mr1der

ah.

the L series in the car is a stout motor though...decent aftermarket...but it's exspensive.

MaxVP

so, you have any suggestions on what motor to get and if there are lots of parts for it?? For example, how about the L20B, can you put the KA24E/DE head on a L20B? Or just go with the KA24e/DE by itself? or any othe suggestion on what engine to use. Im wanting mainly a car the will be streetable, but be able to use it racing on a road type course.

Max

Modified by MaxVP at 1:13 AM 8/2/2008

Mr1der

you CAN put the E head on the L series block...which isn't bad at all...you gain 4 more valves.

an SR20DET isn't a bad choice...good aftermarket...hell, stock power from it isn't bad at all to begin with....there's more than one company that supplies motor mounts and other parts needed for the swap.

http://www.mckinneymotorsports...T_510

McKinney is a good place for such parts.

Return to “Datsun 510 / Bluebird”