Forced Induction, maybe I am crazy but,...

Nissan 350z / Nissan 370z general community discussion forum
PalmerWMD
Car: 2004 350Z

I just got my 350, 3 days ago and I am already eyeing forced induction systems, warranty be damned.

As a long time Nico member, I will only consider our sponsors, one of which has these 3 different kits they offer:

http://www.grubbsperformance.c...50ZFI

I wonder if they all clear the stock hood?

What do you guys think about them?

Fred...

boileralum00
Car: 94 Miata, 95 FZR600R

AFAIK, the only S/C w/ clearancs issues is the Stillen kit, since it is a roots type blower w/ a water-air IC between it and the top of the motor. I would go with the Vortech or the Procharger kit. If I get a G35 to DD after the Z is paid off, I'll probably be picking up one or the other myself.

PalmerWMD
Car: 2004 350Z

Thanks!

boilerAlum:

We live so close, have I ever met you at a meet?I used to hang across the bridge, all the time.

(I am the large + older Army guy with the accent).

Fred..

freakonaleash1187
Car: '93 300ZX N/A, '97 200SX SE

i personally would rather have the greddy tt kit. for one, z's have always had turbochargers, why change that. secondly, turbochargers are more efficient in that s/c loose horsepower by running off a belt. thirdly, to change the boost on a s/c, you have to mess with all the pulleys and belts, and with a turbo, you just have to turn a knob, great for just driving around so you don't have to run high boost all the time.

boileralum00
Car: 94 Miata, 95 FZR600R

I think I may have met you at one of the first Shift_502 meets at Hooters last fall/ winter. If you start coming to the BZCC meetings I'm sure we can re-introduce ourselves

evildky
Car: 71 240ZT, 87 300ZXN/A-T, 06 350Z GT, Tundra TRD RW

WARNING!!!BOOST IS ADDICTIVE!!!that being said, boost it!

jEzTeR
Car: 07 FX35 - 02 Altima 3.5se - 93 240sx Hatch

As of right now I like the S/C better.There are a few reasons for my opinion.

1) low end power and no turbo lag.2) I like the way it S/C kits look.3) cheeper and easy to install.

As for the fact that Z's have had turbos this is true but they were factor built with them.

I think not being able to turn up the boost is a good thing. Everyone That I know that has a turbocharged car gets the boost feaver and wants to turn it up all the time. Whit the 350z that would be bad. 5~7lbs of boost is all the 350z needs and can take.

Who knows though. It will be a few years till I have my car paid off and can add any FI.

I love the way the aftermarket is going with the 350z. There are so many choices out there.

hatebobbarker
Car: 350z, 240sx(for sale)

pe kit is a much better alternative to Greddy includes ARC intercooler and Baffled oil pan with an extra quart, cheaper/faster install and no tuning required.

zland
Car: 2003 350Z

Alot of options in FI for the VQ35 and more coming out soon. I could write a lot about this but maybe I will just list some products on this post (I hope I dont forget any off the top of my head):

Superchargers:ATIDreamworkes (long rumored to come out but has not done so yet)HKSStillenVortech

Twin Turbo:APSGreddyJim Wolf (within 6 months)Power Enterprise

There is so much to discuss on this topic. For some, the SC is the best option, others, TT. Consider budget, hp goal, how much you want to maintain it, use (Street/Track), warranty, and if CARB approval is needed.

Jeff - zland, SportZ

Return to “350z / 370z Discussion”