For those who have the HOTSHOT header

Information on the naturally-aspirated KA24E and KA24DE engines.
bruinbear714

Did you have to remove your catalytic converter? I was reading through some of the older posts and someone mentioned the header's pipe goes past the cat. This is on the 95+ 240's

nismo240sx
Car: tuning and being cool

if so cool but if you want lose the cat get a test pipe I did

Lepchitz1
Car: Cars, and LESBIANS!!!

you lose the first cat which is attatched to your headers

doctorj240
Car: Black s14 w/ redtop

There is a cat at the bottom of the stock manifold that gets removed when the header is installed. There is also either a dummy cat or real cat almost directly under the seat depending on what car you have. This won't get removed.

technoman
Car: puss

doctorj240 wrote:There is a cat at the bottom of the stock manifold that gets removed when the header is installed. There is also either a dummy cat or real cat almost directly under the seat depending on what car you have. This won't get removed.

the one under the seat is a dummy on USA cars.

doctorj240
Car: Black s14 w/ redtop

Mine isn't a dummy for some reason. I made a bet with my friends that it wasn't because I kept reading on here that it was a dummy. When I installed the headers I found out that I have a real cat. Very interesting...So I ended up having to buy them taco bell.

fliprayzin240sx
Car: 97 240sx w/S13 SR20--RIP
93 S14 Silvia w/ S15 Spec R SR20--RIP
95 240sx kouki convert RB25det

I got a an OBD II question, since the hotshot header is getting rid of my REAL cat...does that mean my ECU WILL be throwing codes since I have an O2 sensor between the cat and the dummy cat? Is the only solution to be *replace the dummy pipe* with a real cat and move the sensor somewhere down pipe

technoman
Car: puss

The rear 02 sensor needs to pull 1 volt at full throttle if it reads the same as the front 02 sensor it will set off the light but it will not hurt anything and you car will run fine.

bp2ooo

I know the first o2 sensors stays in place, i have seen pictures of the install, but in the hotshot header is there a hole for the second o2 sensors, or does it eliminate it?

Xero

that would be a good question for hotshot themselves,

96_S14_SE
Car: 96 S14 SE - 05 VW GTI 1.8t - 89 S13 coupe "gold on brown"

Hotshot headder eliminates the first cat like stated. 95-96 automatic (doc yours isnt an auto is it?) all have a first cat under the mani, then a second where the single cat is located on an s13 or the hollow shell on the non dual cat s14's. Its easy to tell if you have 2, one your car more than likely is an automatic, and 2 there will be a heat sheild (silver metal shield with 4 bolts in it and holes vs the reddish bare iron of the cat) on it.

Second the headder does not come with a second 02 sensor hole anymore. Well mine didnt and I bought it after the last revision. Easy solotion is to remove it saying to hell with the codes like I did as my disabled egr system throws a constant code too, and the light has been going strong for 2 yrs now..

If you are worried either get a s13 cat, an s14 secondary cat, or a random tech high flow cat. Bolt it in, and find out the thread and pitch of the second O2 and get a nut for it. Then drill a hole after the cat and mig or weld the bung (nut) there. Then get some 14 - 12 awg wire and lengthen the O2 sensor wire after the connector and before the sensor, so that it will now reach the newly installed bung. No codes, and passible emmisions would be the result.

Lepchitz1
Car: Cars, and LESBIANS!!!

the code would pisssssss me off...i cant stand that damned light...thats why you should get a chip first so you dont have to worry about the factory bull****

96_S14_SE

No big deal I actually got worried one time when it went out for a week. I didnt want to check to see if the bulb died, so I cranked her up sans maf connector :) Light cam on and has stayed on hehe.

sxfro

one of my buddies has a probe and the check engine light came on and he took his dash apart and put black tape in front of the light,but you can take the bulb out for the check engine light.

96_S14_SE

The light is ok with me as I just reset the ecu every month or so. Takes literally less then a minute the way I have it set up.

Structure240sx

i jsut put my hotshot header on friday night. first off it awsome. thsi i the 3rd getneration header for the 95-98 240. mine is an auto for about another 2 weeks. it got rid of the cat but there is a second hole for the second o2 sensor. they ship with it a fitting to screw in the hole so the o2 will fit. NO CHECK ENIGNE LIGHT!!! order it form enjuku racing and message 240sx.org and they will adjust the order so its only 319 free shippin

96_S14_SE

I got mine after they got rid of the 2 peice design hehe Didnt have a second o2 hole but no big deal. Glad you like it and it in fact does have a second o2 hole now. Its so light compaired to the oem cast one as well.

I think I payed 300 for mine from them back then and just picked it up hehe

bruinbear714

how's the pull on the new headers? Does the heat leak out into the engine bay without the heat shields? And lastly, how's the engine sound after the header install? :D :ylsuper

Structure240sx

it pulls much harder right at 3500-4000 rpm to redline i felt more of a difference withthese than intake and exhaust. it rained at the track last night so i didnt get to go. im nto sure about the heat but it makes the car sound awsome. alot deeper at first its a lot louder but after 2 days ur used to it and forget about the difference. just got home from school floored it passin my friends civic he called me right away and was like that sounded awsome alot better than his headers

sxfro

header(1) headers(2)

bruinbear714

sxfro wrote:header(1) headers(2)

Its not header(1) headers(2).

The correct syntax is:

singlular = headerplural = headers

If your going to correct us, at least get it right.

Justice
Car: turbo's

lol he did

header (1)headers (2)

both are improper english because there not compleate sentinces. so either way was about the same.

the whole trying to look smart is not workin for ya bear guy or what ever your name was=)

my english? sucks fyi. but that still means i can add fuel to flame wars=)

bruinbear714

Justice wrote:lol he did

header (1)headers (2)

both are improper english because there not compleate sentinces. so either way was about the same.

the whole trying to look smart is not workin for ya bear guy or what ever your name was=)

my english? sucks fyi. but that still means i can add fuel to flame wars=)

Well if someone wants to be a smart ***, then I'll be an even smarter ***. This topic is about cars and headers, not a grammer class.

I am Technoman
Car: ???

I have had that header for about 8 months now. It works real well with cams and nos. But I dont use Nos :)

Dorifto-King

Alright, since we're on the subject of The HotShot Headers and Cats. I have a Question, Does anyone have both the Hot Shot Headers and an Apexi N1 Dual catback exhaust? If the hot shot headers need you to remove the cat, what do you do about the Exhaust, does it bolt to the Headers?

. . .

red240ne
Car: mmm...donuts

i just got my hotshot header on today, and it sounds so beasty now!! wooooooooooommmmmmmm!! it doesn't sound like a 4 banger anymore. omfg, it pulls like a ***** from 3500-6000 rpms also. i luv it.

96_S14_SE

Dorifto-King wrote:Alright, since we're on the subject of The HotShot Headers and Cats. I have a Question, Does anyone have both the Hot Shot Headers and an Apexi N1 Dual catback exhaust? If the hot shot headers need you to remove the cat, what do you do about the Exhaust, does it bolt to the Headers?

. . .

What model? They say it removes the cat because on 85% of the s14's it only has a single cat, then a hollow shell. On some it came with a cat after the short log mani, then a cat under the drivers seat much like on an s13. My car is like this.

On single cat s14's it takes the first cat out and bolts to the hollow shell (second cat on my car). The cat backs then attach to the other side of either the second cat or the shell.

On s13's it will not remove the sole cat. It will replace the log mani and the downpipe and attach to the cat. Then the cat back attaches to the other side of the cat.

Scott McLellan

How loud does it actually make your car? If it takes the place of the first cat and my second cat is hollow it seems like it would be considerably louder. I don't personally think the ticked-off-bumblebee thing is so cool and just want the power. I recently got a 95 240sx with a manual so I'm assuming my second cat is hollow but I haven't checked it out yet.

96_S14_SE

Well in my car with the header, apexi-N1 single and stock second cat it sounds nice. With gutted first cat 16ga 2.5" SS test pipe in place of second cat and N1, It sounded nice too, almost the same tone as now.

BUT header, 2.5" SS test pipe, and N1 its rather raspy, loud and well, reminds me of a loud honda. I attribute this to the thin gauge of the header, and the thin gauge of the SS test pipe (used to make them a year or 2 back). It sounded good all gutted and with a test pipe because the manifold was cast and thick, along with the pre cat (in my case), and the only thin part was the test pipe. With the thinness of both the pipe and header it allows alot of resonances and noise to protrude.

Just not my taste in sound. I can assure you when I dump the header for a t3/t40e, manifold and down pipe, my cat will come off again and in will go my t316 SS 3" test pipe that I have been saving for a long time :)

Also possibly wrapping the test pipe with fiberglass header wrap would remove alot of these resonances rudcing the sound of raspyness, I would imagine.

Scott McLellan

So would you consider the hotshot header the best for the 240 (S14) say compared to a Greddy or something?

Return to “KA24E / KA24DE Forum”