For the sake of God.. PLEASE be careful and make good chioces guys

All things Altima Coupe.
Shift_Altima
Car: 2008 altima coupe 2.5s 6 speed

I was driving last nite on a 45 mph road when some ******* cut me off. Like an idiot i went after him and hit 95 on the road. Got to the light and looked up in my mirror.. COPS everywhere. After talking to the cop and having him realize my intentions weren't to endanger or harm anyone and I wasn't out for a cheap thrill.. he let me off the hook. But not after telling me the infractions: 94 in a 45, wreckless, careless, racing on a public street, and endangerment (??).. Mind you I'm not yet 18. I kept falshing back to it all night and couldn't really sleep. So please PLEASE gyus don't do anything you'll ever regret. I learned my lesson the very VERY VERY easy way.. Don't learn it the hard way by getting arrested or even dying. I'm never ever gonna race or do anything stupid again and cruise control is my new best friend. So please guys.. be wise and careful..

mcheddadi
Car: R8

Wow, that's scary

johnny_d
Car: 2008 Altima Coupe V6 SE w/ CVT

you're lucky you didn't get a ticket or anyone hurt

LongBeachCoupe
Car: 08 Altima Coupe (RIP Hurricane Sandy)
2005 Lexus RX

Wanna hear a pisser? i was saving this for the autoshow.. but ohh well... this happened on rt9 in NJ by the white castle and the GSP...

It was xmas eve, and i was meeting some friends at a diner in the amboys... a decent half hour drive down rt 9.... at the time i was in my 00 mustang, 5% tint. and i was alone... in the back windshield i had a mets/yankees commemorative mini-bat i got at the world series... and in the glove i had a butterfly knife for protection (i was 17 at the time too)....

Its a clear cold night and im at a light... no one around at all... and suddenly a 4dr camry pulls up to me... 4 passengers, all in early 20s... all atleast 2x my size (im 5'10" 145)... anyways they were yelling out the window and shaking soda on my car (they had no idea who was inside bc of the tint).... anyways i was pissing myself... i took the blade out of the glove and had it in my cupholder.... when the light turns, i gassed it... well in my pos 170 hp 3.6l mustang they had no trouble keeping up with me... and tossing stuff out the window at me.... 70mph... 80mph... 90mph... and then we pass white castle and a cop was sitting in there... he comes flying out and pulls both of us over... i was in front... he approaches my car first... I start off thanking him for pulling us over because i was being chased...asks for my papers and my keys... i reach over to the glove and he sees the knife in the cupholder.... (i forgot it was in plain sight)... he took his nightstick to myneck and literally pulled me out of my car (i was in a tshirt... this is when i started listening to my mom "bring a jacket incase..").... he handcuffed me and sat me on the curb as he proceeded to rip apart my car and throw my stuff all across the road... cds, clothes, papers... and gets my mini-bat from the window.... "your batting 1000" he says... i explain my side to him as he stands over me (he was atleast 6'4" 250) and he goes to the other car... talks to them for a moment... and then gets in his car.... 5 min later 2 more squad cars show up.. .and a tow truck... And approaches the car behind me again.... pulls the 4 guys out of the car and searches them and the car... low and behold, 3 of the 4 had warrants out for their arrest and 1 of those 3 had a pistol in his jacket... unreal... i was so happy when i saw them strongarming these guys who were chasing me... and a gun... i felt so happy the cops stopped us instead of these clowns stopping me... they tow the other car... and take all 4 guys away in cuffs.... im still sitting on the curb (for about 45 min now, without a jacket)... and he comes over to me and uncuffs me. tells me to wait in my car... i sit there another 10 min and he comes back.... "try and fight me in court, i dare you" as he literally tosses tickets into my car and walks away... (reckless, 30+, racing, unsafe operation, lane change)...

I was so heated... i told my parents and they were flipping out and paid for a lawyer for me... i show up in court... the officer actually shows up.. and the DA tells me they call him "the nazi" and no one escapes him... i explained the story... he talked to the cop.. and came back telling me they would drop the lane change... thats all... when they got a felony stop on the guys chasing me! Well my license has been an issue since then to say the least and that next year my insurance on the mustang was around $5300... I never got my mini-bat back (and odds are it was my last shot at getting one, subway series)....

I used to be one of those george costanza's who would go 30 miles out of my way to give someone the finger if they screwed with me... but in the end... its all just going to be worse off.... Speeding on NJ roads is just ASKING for it... they have nothing better to do.

AltiCoupeDriver
Car: 2008 3.5 SE Nissan Altima Coupe

DAYUM LBC! Now thats a real story. Wow, that cop is a serious a**hole. I hope I never have to experience anything like that.

LongBeachCoupe
Car: 08 Altima Coupe (RIP Hurricane Sandy)
2005 Lexus RX

Just make sure you steer clear of rt 9 in NJ... they call it a "safety corridor" now lol thats new since i left... what that means is they double fines and points lol... what a joke...

notaverage
Car: Altima Coupe 3.5 SE w/ tech pkg and VDC. Precision Grey

Pretty nutty story

Shift_Altima
Car: 2008 altima coupe 2.5s 6 speed

Route 9 sucks. It's behind where I work and its a stupid crowded not big enough road.. I hate it so much. Rt 1 isn't any better either..

tommy314
Car: 08 Nissan 350Z

LongBeachCoupe wrote:I never got my mini-bat back
As a yankee fan, this is the saddest part of the story!

dangeris
Car: 08 Code Red 3.5
08 BMW 328xi Coupe
90 300ZX 2+0 NA

LongBeachCoupe wrote:Just make sure you steer clear of rt 9 in NJ... they call it a "safety corridor" now lol thats new since i left... what that means is they double fines and points lol... what a joke...
Wow,..I remember speeding down route 9 on my way to Seaside heights for party's in the late 80's! O Crap! did I just age myself?

AltiCoupeDriver
Car: 2008 3.5 SE Nissan Altima Coupe

Oops, LOL. Seaside Heights FTW!

vballer22
Car: 2008 altima coupe 2.5s

I'm sorry to hear the guy was such an a-hole. It seriously makes me ashamed to be a cop when I hear those stories, but for a lot of people the power just goes to their head. sorry again man.

adidas2go
Car: Cycle through all kinds of cars, trucks, motorcycles, and boats 🤙
Once upon a time: 1st turbo Altima Coupe

tommy314 wrote:As a yankee fan, this is the saddest part of the story!
makes me crack a smile. BOSOX BABY!

D-Roll
Car: 08 Nissan 350Z Touring Coupe

Been in a similar situation, but i wasnt racing just at the right place wrong time. I was giving a reckless driving ticket and all for these ricers racing. So of course I was profiled and ticketed

JLAUDIO85
Car: 08 Black Altima Coupe 2.5SL CVT.

wow ur so lucky u got off with 94 in 45 zone lol he mustve been having a great day or something...i got ticketed for running a red light when i booked thru in yellow...speaking of which court date is this week

LBC thats fcked LOL NY is that crazy huh hahaha

Sarcanglk
Car: 2008 Nissan Altima 3.5 Coupe

Great Cop Week:

My friend drives a 2007 Camry and on a Wednesday he was driving on route 1 in Philly and outta nowhere some POS car cuts him off. Usually he is not one to speed but pride kicked in and he chased him going 80-90 on a 45. Gets pulled over and is cited for street racing.

Friday he gets pulled over on a local road and the officer asks him to get out of his car. The cop goes on to say there is a warrant for his arrest and the car is not insured or registered... After a pause the cop laughs with his partner and tells him he was just kidding.... The partner yells out "You got Punked!!!". The cop goes on to tell him his lights were off and to turn them back on.

He ended up going to court for street racing and with the help of a lawyer he got a lesser conviction of reckless driving.

Lesson 1: Some cops are G A Y Lesson 2: DO NOT STREET RACE, it is quite expensive

Return to “Altima Coupe (2008-2013)”