Follow along as we re-build our B-15 Nissan Sentra Spec-V

A great resource for Nissan Sentra, Infiniti G20, 200sx, Pulsar, NX1600, NX2000, Tsuru, Primera and Sunny owners.
kyle@stillen

Hey Guys,

Kyle Millen here, just wanted to introduce myself to those of you who don't know me and take a minute to invite you to follow along as I prepare our Nissan Sentra for some track use. First, a little about myself and this project. A few weeks ago Steve and I sat down and talked about the possibility of me going racing. How could it be done, where should I start, what car should I start with, etc. The final verdict was that I really just needed to get some seat time. I've driven go-carts, high horsepower company vehicle's and I've been to some racing schools but I really don't have any serious track time. The second question was; what vehicle should I start with? We have some V6 Altima's so they would have a bit more power, we also have a G35 coupe but it's an automatic so I didn't want to do that. Then I remembered our B15 Sentra Spec-V. In my mind, it's the perfect car to start with. I can pull some weight out of it and lighten it up, there is an abundance of available aftermarket parts, and because the car doesn't have a huge amount of horsepower it would really teach me about momentum and good driving technique. After all, anyone can drive fast coming out of a corner or brake hard going into it, but a good driver needs to learn how to get the most of the car around the ENTIRE track.

So here we are. This project will be a nights and weekends project. I will be doing the majority of the work along with help from friends and a little bit of involvement from our tech's. I really want to do this on my own though and learn from the ground up. My ultimate goal is to start racing our 370Z in time attack and then move up to the GTR but I truly believe that the Sentra is the best place to start.

We have a pretty long list of things to do and I will be doing a story/update on each part of the build. I started this past weekend by stripping the interior and getting it ready to start stripping out the sound deadening materials. Here are some pics!

By the way, the custom seats and door panels will be available for sale if someone is interested. Also the stereo will be for sale as well, it has a full Rockford Fosgate stereo system in it. All of the money from those parts will go back into the build of the car.

VMPhil
Car: 2007 Volkswagen GTI

Looks great, keep us updated!

lino
Car: 1991 Q45a Fed-Spec, IQP/White, Texasoil 9 Accumulator Recharge, '93 TCU 1st Gear Start, JWFSB, B&M 70268 Transmission Cooler, BBS Forged Wheels, DRLs, Silverstars, Tint, Very Well Serviced.

Looks like you're off to an excellent start. Best of luck to you . The car looks very clean and should serve you well.

Wc240
Car: 89 240
97 200sx
91 240 ka-t
06 scion xb
2000 frontier

ill definately be looking at this. my girl is starting autocross soon in her 200sx.

nametakennow
Car: '06 MINI Cooper S

Very cool and, IMO, definitely a great place to get into racing. B15s are very easy to drive hard and find the limits of. Looking forward to updates!

RED_DET
Vendor
Car: 2004 6 speed G35 Sedan, 2011 G37x, 1992 Nissan Sentra SE-R SR20DET, C7Z06

Looking good, Kyle. Keep up the good work. While we have your attention, there are alot of folks on here wanting aftermarket support for the b16 as well.

jspecv

I see it says that you're with Stillen, why didn't you consider using a B-16 and doing some more R&D on it along the way? Just curious. Looks like you are off to a great start either way.

djoxide
Car: 07 Mazda 3 GT Sport

lookin' sharpif you want to sell any of the plastic pieces from the back speaker deck hit me up![email protected]

kyle@stillen

Thanks for the support guys and I hope you like watching as we go.

I chose the B15 Sentra for a couple of reasons:

1) The B16 Sentra is still in "show trim" meaning if Nissan wants to call us and take it to shows, they can do so at any time. Also we use it to promote our products to a lot of the dealerships and often times we'll leave the car with them for a few days or weeks.

2) This car has already had an extensive amount of work done to it. Because I am working on this project on my own nights and weekends I took advantage of the fact that it's basically ready to go.

We do have a good selection of parts available for the B16's but if there are more items that you guys are looking for just let me know and I'll pass it along. I know that we tried to make a header for it but with the odd exhaust manifold configuration on that car we found that we would not be able to keep the SES light off.

Thanks!

FrancesTheMute
Car: 2011 Nissan Versa SL

All that I ask is that you please remove that body kit and those wheels. This could turn out to be an amazing project car. Thanks for keeping us updated. Best of luck!

ABNRML4U
Car: NISSAN B-13

Nice B-15 project you have there. Your doing great so far.

kyle@stillen

Thanks for all the positive posts guy's! The project is coming along really well. The engine has developed an odd knock so I have taken it apart and started going through the bottom end to check out the rod bearings. I have some photos and hope to have more updates here soon.

Thanks again!

Windup
Car: 2002 Sentra spec v

Does anyone whereI can find folllow up posts on this build, i would really like to see the end result. Thanks in advance for any info you can provide!

PalmerWMD
Car: 2004 350Z

Windup wrote:
Tue Jan 21, 2020 8:23 am
Does anyone whereI can find folllow up posts on this build, i would really like to see the end result. Thanks in advance for any info you can provide!
Same here! :mike

Return to “Sentra Forum / Infiniti G20 Forum / Pulsar / NX Forum”