Foggy windshield

A general discussion forum for G35 and G37 owners and a great place to introduce yourself to the NICOclub G-Series Forums!
mbock76
Car: 07 G35 Coupe

So it seems every night I drive home my winshield constantly fogs up. Before you say anything.....yes I put defroster, ac, heat, opened the window, you name it i tried it. The friggin thing just keeps fogging up. The other day I was driving and two plastic pieces flew off my car from somewhere could this be what is causing it?

G_whizz
Car: 2010 G37 Coupe Sport

Hmmm...did it just start happening after the mysterious 2 plastic pieces flew off??

marlin29311
Car: 2008 Infiniti G35x

mbock76 wrote:So it seems every night I drive home my winshield constantly fogs up. Before you say anything.....yes I put defroster, ac, heat, opened the window, you name it i tried it. The friggin thing just keeps fogging up. The other day I was driving and two plastic pieces flew off my car from somewhere could this be what is causing it?
Depending on what those were, maybe.

Try cleaning the inside of the windshield with Stoner's and newspaper (or your preferred cleaner, windex sucks though...) A lot of times when the windshield is dirty, it fogs up much easier...

You could also use a rain-x inside treatment to help prevent the condenstaion from forming...

pfarmer
Car: 2008 GXS with technology package

mbock76 wrote:So it seems every night I drive home my winshield constantly fogs up. Before you say anything.....yes I put defroster, ac, heat, opened the window, you name it i tried it. The friggin thing just keeps fogging up. The other day I was driving and two plastic pieces flew off my car from somewhere could this be what is causing it?
I had a Ford that was doing this once and it turned out the drains from the air intake for the ventilation had plugged up. Movement from the car would slosh a little water over the edge on to the heater element and the windshield would instantly fog up.

How did you see these pieces fly off?

Perry

Graflo
Car: 09' G37X Sedan

I was going to make the same post.... Nothing flew off my G but I always have this wave of fog creeping up and down constantly. I notice it more around sunset. Same as you windows up, down, cracked, with defroster on, off, different temps Hi and Lo.... even tried with sunroof open cracked... nothing helps. I have not cleaned the inside window but I only have 5K on the car.

I guess I will try that next. Any other suggestions?

tollboothwilley
Car: 2003 G35 Sedan w/ NAV

This can happen when there is a leak in the heater core. Blows fog straight onto the windshield.

Does it smear at all??

With a 2007 I wouldn't expect this to be a problem. I have yet to hear of a heater core going bad on any G to date.

pfarmer
Car: 2008 GXS with technology package

Graflo wrote:I was going to make the same post.... Nothing flew off my G but I always have this wave of fog creeping up and down constantly. I notice it more around sunset. Same as you windows up, down, cracked, with defroster on, off, different temps Hi and Lo.... even tried with sunroof open cracked... nothing helps. I have not cleaned the inside window but I only have 5K on the car.

I guess I will try that next. Any other suggestions?
It is not unusual for a new car with lots of plastic to 'gas off', especially during warmer weather. Clean the windshield with diluted ammonia/water using a wet rag, be a little carefull about getting on something like the headliner or carpet. I would go with as strong a solution as your nose can handle. This will cut the film.

Perry

telcoman
Car: Tesla 2022 Model Y, 2016 Q70 Bye 2012 G37S 6 MT w Nav 94444 mi bye 2006 Infiniti G35 Sedan 6 MT @171796 mi.

You didn't mention whether it fogs up on the inside or outside?

In any case it is temperature between inside and outside as well as humidity. When the dew point is reached fog forms.

=================================================

"The dew point is the temperature to which a given parcel of air must be cooled, at constant barometric pressure, for water vapor to condense into water. The condensed water is called dew. The dew point is a saturation point."

==================================================

When fog forms on the inside the A/C will remove the moisture inside the car.

When fog forms on the outside the defroster blowing heat on the winshield will disappate the moisture.

Telcoman

EXceptional
Car: 2008 Aspen Pearl EX35 Freakin Loaded!

I've had this problem since day one... Could I have had it resolved under warranty? I'm not sure.

Here's some pictures of my problem... does anybody else experience this?

I think it's because of this bridge in between the two windshield ducts...

I was wondering if I cut the plastic out, in between these two ducts, would it work better?

Return to “G35 and G37 General Discussions”