Fog rewire for DRL's on M56?

Forum for Infiniti M37, M56 M35h Hybrid and Q70 owners.
TheMajesticKing
Car: '11 M56S Aero

Hey guys,

I've been searching and searching and I've found bit's and pieces but nothing conclusive. I want to wire my fogs to be on with the ignition but also have the option of turning them off if I wanted to. This sounds simple and I've seen it done a few ways but I'm trying to figure out the best way. In my short look under the hood, I couldn't find any wires that were hot while the ignition was on so I gave up and just ended up wiring a relay to the parking lights. This way, they are on whenever the parking lights are on, but that's not really ideal.

The method in the thread below could possibly work but I had mine wired this way before but it was a pain because if I wanted to sit in the car and listen to the radio on ACC, my battery would drain from the HIDs.
http://www.freshalloy.com/showthread.ph ... g-light%29

Does anyone sell a DRL module for the M37/M56 that would accomplish what I'm looking for? Or is there a way to wire a relay so that the fog light switch turns the fogs on or off regardless of whether or not the headlights are on?

Thanks

kmiles
Car: 2015 Q70 3.7 AWD - Hermosa Blue
Sold - 2007 M35x

Another alternative would be to not modify the fog lights, but to turn the turn signal lights into DRL's using the VLED Tritons. This is the link for the M35/M45's:

how-to-install-5k-or-6k-white-amber-swi ... 81284.html

I converted mine back in November and have had zero problems and it is great to finally have DRL's. I'm not sure how similar the M56 lighting setup is to the M35/M45's, but it might be worth looking into.

Return to “Infiniti M37, M56, M35h Hybrid and Q70 Forum”