Fog Lights independently on?

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
Jimothy12
Car: 08 Rogue SL AWD

On my maxima I rewired my fog lights so that they are on when my Corner lights are on and not my headlights. Here are the instructions for the 4th gen MAXIMA rewire.http://www.vqpower.com/v2/read...id=81

I want to do this for my Rogue. Has anyone done this? Write up?

rjchoops

I would like to have them just work independently so they would be daytime running lights as well as fog lights. Is this possible?

Jimothy12

This is possible. I wont have time to do mine for about two weeks but will have a write up once I get to it.

To rewire your foglights so they are on when your car is on (aka Daytime Running lamps) all you need to do is cut the power wire and tap it into something that is on when the car is on (ie. your radio or something else is the fuse box)

albertwang16

If doing what you suggested, wouldn't it be the fog lights will only turn on when the radio is on?

Anyway, the fog lights can only be turned on and off when the head lights is on. is it possible to wire it so the fog lights can also be turned on and off when the corner lights are on?

thanks.

Jimothy12

I suggested the radio because it always has power, the clock is always on. You could tie the fog lights directly to the corner lights. The radio was just one option. Anything with power would work

mstrmstr
Car: Venom Red ROGUE 08...and 4 others

I have a QWhy would you want your FOG lights on without the main headlamp?They are a safety feature.

Where I live its a hefty fine to run without headlights when lights are needed. The cop clue is when someone runs fogs WITHOUT headlamp which proves prior knowldge of need.. In other words your just screwing yourself.

Just a note on Illinois(USA) law If you run your wiper blades, you MUST also have your headlights on. At least Illinois gets a few fine dollars out of dumbo's who don't get a clue that if they cant see others- others can't see them!

Jimothy12

[QUOTE=mstrmstr]Why would you want your FOG lights on without the main headlamp?QUOTE]

Two reasons, you could have your FOG lights on all the time to serve as Day Time Running Lamps like our U.S.A cars should have to start with. Another reason is a dusk when its not dark enough for headlights.

Fog lights and corner lights on looks great at dusk. At night its always best to go headlights, no question. I believe its the law in every state, not just IL

albertwang16

Dusk is one. the other time I want to have the fog lights on is when it's foggy. I def could just turn on the head lights, but it's not a bad idea to have the option to just turn on the "fog lights".

To serve as day time running light, you would want to do what Jim suggested so they are on when the car is on. I want to be able to turn it on and off still.

I believe NJ has that same law in Illinois but how about NY? I don't recall...

Return to “Rogue Forum”