Fog lights - any plug n play options to upgrade 2008 EX35??

Discussion of Infiniti's amazing (and underrated) sport-luxury crossovers, the EX35 and EX37. For 2014, the EX series will be renamed QX50, in line with Ininfiit's new naming conventions.
ThomasForelle
Car: Infiniti EX35 AWD Journey 2008
6/16/22 == 115,500 miles

I barely have time to post this…anyone got the down and dirty on options? Better bulbs? LED? And what the hell is HID? I know someone out there knows a ton more than me…Please share!

VStar650CL
Technical Expert
Car: 2013 Nissan Altima 2.5 SL
2004 Nissan Altima 2.5 S

If there was a factory fog kit, Infiniti doesn't sell it anymore. However, the individual lamp assemblies are still available (p/n 26150-8990B). Or there are lots of aftermarket sets that will fit in the holes at lower cost. Your car should have pre-wiring connectors taped to the front-end harness on each side, but to use them you'll either need the fog-equipped version of the combination switch or do a "fool the BCM" job using this technique:

post6823949.html?hilit=combination#p6823949

Or you can just buy a set that comes with the relay, switch, and harness, but of course that means a lot more routing, drilling, splicing and tying.

Nissan fog assemblies (and most aftermarket ones) use standard H-type sockets, so you can easily upgrade to H-style LED's. Don't get cheap ones, they all lack sufficient heat-sinking and will fail frequently. Stick with a reputable brand like VLED or Diode Dynamics. HID's are basically high-voltage welding torches inside a bulb, they're very bright but need a lot of special ballasting and wiring. Not a good idea just to get brighter fogs, LED's will give you plenty of light without all the grief and hardware.

VStar650CL
Technical Expert
Car: 2013 Nissan Altima 2.5 SL
2004 Nissan Altima 2.5 S

Forgot they archived the original post about combination switches. In case you missed the link:

https://www.nicoclub.com/archives/addin ... tches.html

DHackRSX

I installed the Morimoto PnP kit. Bought it from theretrofitsource.

It takes some time and there's no instructions. I didn't know there were beam height adjustments until after I installed them.

I also used a drill to make the mounting bolt hole on the bumper longer (in an arch) so that the beam was adjustable rotationally, so that the cutoffs were even and parallel with the ground.

The beam pattern is curved so they provide a lot of peripheral light.

You have to remove a few clips on the fender well and underbody protection. It's not a big deal, but it you're in a hurry you'll get frustrated.

LMK if you need more info. These fogs have made a huge difference in visibility while driving at night.

D

Bijan
Car: 2011 Nissan Skyline J50 Crossover (Infiniti EX37) RHD Japan Import

Return to “Infiniti EX35 / EX37 and QX50 / QX55 Forum”