Fmic

For the RWD SR20DET cars! Sponsored by Wiring Specialties.
explod3

i have an s13 red top in my s14. should i buy an sr20det intercooler kit for an s13 or s14? thnx

I H8 UR DSM

S13.

Daunttless

yeah, match the engine, you're going to have to cut a few holes anyways.

Nils
Car: road racing

Wouldnt you have to buy the intercooling pipes for a s14 since that is his body style? I mean, wether the engine is a s13 or a s14 shouldnt matter, right?

I would assume that the only difference in the intercooler kits would be the piping going through the front end.....

Dauntless are you sure he needs a s13 intercooler?

nils

Daunttless

He needs the piping to line up with the engine. Thats more important than lining up with the S14 front end because you have to cut holes for either way. If you use a S13 intercooler on a S13 engine in a S13, you still have to cut holes. : ) In a S14 you still have to cut holes, but you need the pipes to line up with the S13 engine.

Nils
Car: road racing

Daunttless wrote:He needs the piping to line up with the engine. Thats more important than lining up with the S14 front end because you have to cut holes for either way. If you use a S13 intercooler on a S13 engine in a S13, you still have to cut holes. : ) In a S14 you still have to cut holes, but you need the pipes to line up with the S13 engine.

I thought the connecting points of the fmic and engine were pretty much the same on s13 and s14 engines, I guess that is not true then.

Have you ever installed a s14 fmic on a s13 engine in a s14 body? ..heh, lol.. that came out funny..

nils

I H8 UR DSM

I dont think that an S13 piping kit would line up w/ the S14 throttle body. Some custom work can be done to make it fit, but buying a S14 kit just makes it easier, i believe that one pipe is the only difference, i think the S14 is bent down a little to meet the throttlebody. (the S13 and S14 intake manifolds are different now arent they boyz??)

:D

Daunttless

Yeah, they're different and thats the only point they're different at. Sorry, someimtimes I'm dumb and miss posts ( actually its because my little yellow post it notes are completely worthless and I can never tell if I"ve read a post or not, and every time I close NICO all the yellow post it notes come back even after I've read stuff, argh ) So yes, as Jesse said the kits are the same until the end of the cold side pipe, thats why you might as well buy a S13 kit because you have to cut a hole either way. : )

Return to “SR20DET Forum (rear-drive)”