fmax & nsport hp numbers

Information on the naturally-aspirated KA24E and KA24DE engines.
DaveEEE

I bought my tial for $230 shipped and sold the deltagate for $150.... best $80 I could have spent!

-david, 93 ka24det

doctorj240
Car: Black s14 w/ redtop

alright... i'm very happy with how this thread turned out. it's looking like nsport. if i have more questions i'm going to ask you guys. thanks a bunch.

dave - have you dynoed or run at a track with the nsport on there?

anyone with f-max numbers out there?

BinaryVertigo

i dont know if t.y. is in this forum but you might want to try fahe's pushing around 300+ rwhp with an fmax kitjust to lay out some cards for you

doctorj240

is that on stock internals?

2shortysx
Car: watching tv

yup, stock internals pushing 1 bar. fmax stage II but he also changed out his cams too give a little here a little there.:ylsuper

Former_240_s14
Car: 07 BMW 335i Coupe

Hey you guys, just wondering for a person who does brake work, oil/tranny fluid changes, tune-ups, intakes, and short shifter installs, how difficult would it be for someone like that to install the nsport kit. I was contemplating on buying it next summer "or selling my s14 for a mkiv supra". Thanks,

Rubin

Wolf240SX
Car: Tuning my car, working on friends cars

It is very easy. If you are good with mechanics you will have no problem. Once I assembled everything I needed to install it it took me about total time 16 hours. If you have all the tools ready before you start you can install it and be on the road in one day.

Tools Needed:14mm wrench8mm socket 10mm socketrazor blade to cut front bumber to house the inercooler12mm socketsawzall to cut through fender

I think that is all you need as I am trying to think back and remember. Hope this helps.

Wolf240SX

Hey Doc if you are still looking for HP numbers I am currently pushing out around 250hp at the wheels 327 at the flywheel at 7PSI.

doctorj240

hey thanks a bunch... that's quite a bit of drivetrain loss there.

s14mc

can anyone give me the email address of accelerated concepts?

Thanks

Wolf240SX

Accelerated Concepts Contact Info: It's on their website http://www.acceleratedconcepts.com

General email: [email protected] Ben's email: [email protected] Jeremy's email: [email protected] Phone number: 1-850-651-4889 Fax number: 1-661-458-2469 Address: Accelerated Concepts 59 C Lin Dr. Eglin AFB, FL 32542

s14mc

Thanks Wolf

Projex240
Car: Dogs , My RIDE

thats awesome. Glad to hear theres som guys wanting to know specific info. I am personally using a custom setup VERY similar to the nsport. I have the basic kita dn t 9 lbs i make 262 at the wheels. This si the only 240 ive built turbo to use the stock bottom end. I miss the high boost, but the is really reliable. My wife frives it to work everyday(she loves it). Im using 370cc TT injectors, and im not even moxed out on them. Wierd, huh? I had headr rumors of only 255-260 to the wheels with thes on stock fuel pressure. But i haev a driveshaft, and flywheel. So maybe that where it makes up at---less drivetrain loss. Anyway, I really like the 9.6:1...it helps my to4b spool to full 9 lbs at 4k rpms...i also have a t04b with an .84 exhaust hosing...holy crap...want to talk about topend? Pulls to redline with the 91 cams.

Projex240

I really need to slow down when typing...i just spelled like a damn "special" person.

HolyShiznit
Car: Working on my car

Wolf240SX wrote:Hey Doc if you are still looking for HP numbers I am currently pushing out around 250hp at the wheels 327 at the flywheel at 7PSI.

Wolf was that actual dyno tuning or with the G-Tech...because if it was with the latter I would disregard those numbers. In a recent SCC test they involved the G-Tech Pro and proved that it was pretty damn erratic. It measures wind resistance and rolling inertia and a whole bunch of weird stuff. Only true way to find out your actual numbers are on an actual dyno. Because if you were making 250 to the wheels you should only be at 280-290ish flywheel. Just my opinion though, I still love your engine bay. :)

HIGHLIFE

ran a 14.9 94 MPH at the track with the nsport kit. it was the first time i had ever been to the track so, i was impressed. got a light weight fly wheel and ACT clutch and a B&M shifter. love the shifter. i found it hard to match my foot to my hand when shifting, missed third twice on my second run and ran a 15.02. i know i can go faster but i can't claim it

J

Projex240

You should go back and pratice alot at the track. With my all motor setup, and no ecu, i ran a 14.9@90. It was a good run, though. You jast be doing at leat a full second faster than that..probably more. I ran, a 13.9 with a 75 shot before the ecu, and a 13.6 with it. Keep on truckin, dude. Better launches will help...im wondering about your trap though.

HIGHLIFE

yea i burned through first and second, 0-60 ft was 2.2, R/T was just **** and i'm only boostin 5 psi. i'll turn it up when i get the ***** runnin right and tuned. it was the summer here so it was hot about 90 degrees. raced a Z28 and he only got a 14.4 against me. He got down to a 14.0 after a few runs. still impressed all the guys i work with at my shop

J

Projex240

Okay...that manifold looks to me like a rev-hard, but top mounted. Is that right? Does Nsport use a revhard manifold? Top mount? I heard that the rev-hard would only mount top-up if ported, but that was probably someone talking out of thier ***. Let me know, wolf.

Later,

Josh

C-Kwik
Car: 2013 Chevy Volt, 1991 Honda CRX DX

Good luck trying to mount a turbo bottom mount on a RWD KA with a rev-hard mani. Not sure how it would fit on an Altima. As far as the port matching, it seems to me the Rev-hard was designed with top-mount in mind if it was made with the RWD KA in mind. But they centered the ports between the studs. The problem is the KA's head ports are not centered. They are also square as opposed to the mani's round ports.

Projex240

No, i called rev-hard and was told that they were specifically made for a bottom mount setup. When they are flipped over, I had heard that they have some alignment problems with the exh.ports. Anyway, i dont know about the whole circle to square thing. All I know is that if it can be mounted top mount, then great. If not, then bottom mount is better for heat dissapation. Either way is just fine with me...power is power. Gotta admit, though. Top-mount looks cooler. I have tried both top and bottom mount stuff, but ive only seen one side mount, and dude says it gets the MC pretty hot.

C-Kwik
Car: 2013 Chevy Volt, 1991 Honda CRX DX

Then it wasn't designed with the RWD KA in mind then. The flange fits a T3 or T4 turbine. From what I hear, neither will fit in bottom mount configuration. I don't know how well it fits in an Altima though.

Return to “KA24E / KA24DE Forum”