Floor mats, what were the original colors?

The Internet's ONLY forum for 240sx convertible information and the official home of the 240sx Convertible Club of America!
dumbusername
Car: 1994 240sx Convertible

Ok, so I'm thinking that I need some carpet floor mats. Right now I have some Volvo floor mats in there. Of course they don't fit right but, as they say, something is better than nothing. I'm looking at buying some replacements through Phil at TOP END MOTOR SPORTS.

I have a '94 White, on black leather with grey carpeting. What color carpet mats should I buy? Here are my choices: http://www.accmats.com/product...e.htm

Has anyone purchased floor mats from them before? Phil says they are cut to OEM specs.

Thanks

TrunkMonkey
Car: 2000 lincoln navigator

imo, it'll look kinda cheesy if the mats don't match the carpet.

-demetrius

dumbusername

Guess I should have been more specific. I can't figure out WHICH grey will match the OEM shade of carpet gray? There are at least 10 different grays in the color chart! LOL

TrunkMonkey
Car: 2000 lincoln navigator

actually, i should have clicked the link to see what you were talking about. i see your delimma now. my grey mats are dirty as hell, so it's hard for me pick the right one for you. sorry.

-demetrius

Hijacker
Car: '92 240sx Convertible
'94 F-150

i was thinking of going with a black mat when i do mine, to match the two tone theme of the interior, but dem's got me thinking on how cheesy that would look.

4666 Smoke is pretty close to the stock carpet color. although, 9196 Medium Opal might match as well. Unfortunately, it seems that the colors on that site don't match what I think they should look like. it could be my monitor, or his choice of pictures.

dumbusername

Thanks for the advice. I know what you mean by not being sure if the colors are the "colors" or your monitor colors! I think I'll write Phil an email and ask if he knows what the OEM color should be. I figure that's worth a try.

BTW, I checked out your car photos. WOW. And NICE!!!

I just got my 94 and it's ALL stock. Right down to the radio (eeewww). I'm not going to be doing anything major to it until the KA engine goes. It has 140,000 on it and it can't live forever. That should give me time to save up for a replacement. I'm never going to be racing it and am no mechanic, so I can't really afford to have much done right now. I'm on the hunt for a boot, an alarm and a new radio! LOL

AZhitman
Administrator
Car: 58 L210, 63 Bluebird RHD, 64 NL320, 65 SPL310, 66 411 RHD, 67 WRL411, 68 510 SR20, 75 280Z RB25, 77 620 SR20, 79 B310, 90 S13, 92 SE-R, 92 Silvia Qs, 98 S14.

Easy solution?

Spend $100 on new carpet in black, then you KNOW the mats will match.

p.s. New carpet makes such a nice difference.

dumbusername

So, $100 for new carpet.....hmmm. Do I then install it myself? How tough is that?

The present car is gray. Should I stick with that or get black which will make the entire interior blacK?

Then do I get floor mats to protect the new carpet?

Hijacker
Car: '92 240sx Convertible
'94 F-150

dumbusername wrote:Thanks for the advice. I know what you mean by not being sure if the colors are the "colors" or your monitor colors! I think I'll write Phil an email and ask if he knows what the OEM color should be. I figure that's worth a try.

BTW, I checked out your car photos. WOW. And NICE!!!

I just got my 94 and it's ALL stock. Right down to the radio (eeewww). I'm not going to be doing anything major to it until the KA engine goes. It has 140,000 on it and it can't live forever. That should give me time to save up for a replacement. I'm never going to be racing it and am no mechanic, so I can't really afford to have much done right now. I'm on the hunt for a boot, an alarm and a new radio! LOL
thanks for the complements. I take a lot of pride in my car. I'ms till upset that the bumper is sagging a bit from the deer accident back in november, but I've had more pressing issues to deal with lately than fixing the extra centimeter gap between my passenger headlight and bumper

I had to get an after market head unit. The old stocker had apparently been used as a piggy bank as it had change floating around in it O_o

The carpet is very straight forward to pull out, but I would recommend checking out an FSM (www.zeroyon.com) so you can familiarize yourself with some of the trim pieces that will need to be removed to get the carpet out. The seats, the center console, and the running boards all need to be removed. Not sure if the rear interior panels need to come out, but i wouldn't be surprised.

Return to “240SX Convertible Forum”